• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$75000 cd player... all the best adjectives come out in the reviews

krott5333

https://www.whathifi.com/us/burmester/069/review

"The overriding impression is one of refinement and composure."
"This CD player conveys a solid rhythmic structure and fills it with an explosive combination of vivid dynamics and hefty punch."
"It organises the detail brilliantly, which is what gives the player its enviable composure."
"...but we're stunned by the power and authority on offer here."
"class-leading refinement and slightly rich tonal balance means the results remain listenable, even at the highest volume levels."
"The confident and insightful character we noted from CD replay is apparent here, as is the Burmester's wonderfully refined and dynamic presentation."
"If ever a sonic presentation could be described as luxurious, this is it."

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/burmester-069

"Very open, dynamic, transparent and three-dimensional."
"The Burmester is simply more musical I think."
"..gave me a sense of grander/fuller scale, detailed but with sharper contrast, regal and majestic."
"This player plays with more "confidence" and authority than any other player I have heard."
"There is a lot of synergy when using Burmester components together. That also includes the Burmester power cords."

:facepalm:

cursive

Forum Donor
For some reason I love reading stuff like this I'm honestly impressed with peoples ability to write and describe things. I should have paid more attention in school. Their flowery language knows no bounds, and there's no end to the adjectives that can be used to describe an inanimate device lol. It plays with "confidence"... love it.

"Cutting edge technology combined with a proprietary belt-drive system " uhhh... belt drive? doesn't sound so cutting edge

I'll take two please. Also, 75k, and look at the remote they give you...
Jk4su5L4uZSC6RHMiKqMDc-970-80.jpg

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Oh my. . .

"Just listened to a 069 last night again. I swear, I kept looking on top of the 069, to see if there were some tubes sticking out."

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JSmith

Master Contributor
$75000 for a CD player is simply insane... is someone going to buy one and dropship it to Amir for testing? :p

Maybe all these things should just be in the audiophoolery thread, to consolidate the info?

JSmith

Somafunk

Major Contributor
A concise and subjective review from the link posted to audiogon above

”The 069 sounded like a Burmester CD player, just better! Very open, dynamic, transparent and three-dimensional. The 001 which still is very good sounded less transparent, not as fast and a little more restrained. Of course, you will need a very good system to benifit from the differences up to the 069.”

Im not sure if that is meant to be an ironic review or he (and it ”will” be a he, it’s always a he) is being serious?, I particularly like the phrase “you will need a very good system to benifit from the differences up to the 069.”, phew!..........thank god for that as otherwise I’d have bought one to partner with my cheap KRK Rokit & sub setup........I really dodged a £35k debt there.

fun

I have one product from Burmester. Looks like it's selling for over 10 times than when I bought it :rolleyes:. I hope the CD would sound much better on their 75k CD player than from my Oppo :p

Audiophile Sampler

JSmith

Master Contributor
I hope the CD would sound much better on their 75k CD player than from my Oppo :p
:D

What's even better is when people buy a $75000 cd player and then use it as a digital transport only to an external DAC... like those 0's and 1's need special help to be read and sent down a cable.

JSmith

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
:D

What's even better is when people buy a $75000 cd player and then use it as a digital transport only to an external DAC... like those 0's and 1's need special help to be read and sent down a cable.

JSmith
As if buying a $75k cd player isn't insanity enough....

cursive

Forum Donor
As if buying a $75k cd player isn't insanity enough....

I always mentally compare it to an automobile. I mean think of all the engineering in a $75k car, or even two $37k cars, awesome performance, state of the art technology, tons of engineering from the body, to the engine, wheels, tires brakes, to safety standards, fuel efficiency, getting it certified in diff countries etc etc. And then you have a CD player for 75k? Where does all the money go.

Loathecliff

What Hifi's prose is a mixture of luxury bullshit and car salesman talk.

IMHO that shower has been mendacious from the start.
Their constant promotion of the 'Binn Condek' left a bad taste never forgotten.
(My age is showing)

Top Bottom