• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

75 years of JBL: 75 years of Loud + Clear!

shal

JBL,
There are not all equals .

My first one was L166 . Ok but not so much... excellent for mickael jackson but for classical...
The second was the 4425, yes ! good ones but ... It's 12 inch woofer than cannot me forget my previous 15 inches speakers.

The third 4430 (present in the image of the first post) : perfect ! (for me).
This last 10 years , I owned these speakers and never wants another different.

Perfect , not at all but ...

One time a friend (that own speakers that cost 7 times mines) , complains :"with your speakers all sound goods" . It's a critisms for him... not for me.

Yes modern speaker can be far better , I guess... but now I am happy :cool:

mhardy6647

Master Contributor
Well, even though I am pretty cheap at heart, I can afford them.
realistically, I fall somewhere in between ;)
That said, 'twas I who decided to (mostly) retire at 56, so I am not really complainin'... I'm just sayin'.

Palladium

Forum Donor
They also probably sold more 305s that every other traditional speaker combined since release.

fpitas

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They also probably sold more 305s that every other traditional speaker combined since release.
I got my gf some. Very nice, good value.

Some of JBL's little toy blob speakers alarm me lately, but I guess they sell :(

fineMen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Quite interesting German magazine article ...
The good ol' JBL 2206 from the early 1980s is the best 12" bass-mid multi-purpose driver ever. I've never since seen anything that would supersede it in its most rational design. A 35y younger BMS came close, but ... not quite.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's really sad, I never knew the story.
I now understand why James Lansing never became the Hi-Fi icon the equal of Paul W Klipsch, :(
In any case, JBL the company designs and builds some of the finest loudspeakers available. I grow more in love
with my HDI-3600's each day.
View attachment 242545
Quietly working toward your inclusion in the Frantz's Hate List...
I have to consider these HDI speakers.. Have to

:D

Peace.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The good ol' JBL 2206 from the early 1980s is the best 12" bass-mid multi-purpose driver ever. I've never since seen anything that would supersede it in its most rational design. A 35y younger BMS came close, but ... not quite.

The best 12” has to be the 2213nd-2 which can run full range in the JBL 4312E.

CF54CAFE-7CAE-4C86-A6F7-1AF7330D880A.jpeg

The 2213nd-1 which lacks the low TCR design that the -2 has was measured here in the JBL 4319 review.
1668702119140.png

It will perform differently in the 4312E due to the different enclosure.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Quietly working toward your inclusion in the Frantz's Hate List...
I have to consider these HDI speakers.. Have to

:D

Peace.
Gee thanks. LOL

computer-audiophile

Lately, it turned out that we have 3 pairs of JBL speakers playing at home.

I'm an old fan of horn speakers, but sometimes they are too big for normal living spaces. I used to have ALTEC A7 VOTT. The JBL Studio 590 still remind me a bit of that cinema sound, even though they're domesticated for home use.

Februar2022-1.jpg

I also really like the sound of the small JBL monitors with Class-D amplifiers. Before that I had been listening with Neumann KH120a for 10 years.

e30II-1.jpg

Jojo

I got a pair of ti-200 i need to refoam that a friend gave to me. Seems like they are the less expensive model in the ti series since they're small. But i don't find much informations on the internet. Anyone has heard them ?

Top Bottom