• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7 Channels amp ATI Nc or D-sonic M3A

KSA

HI,

From the title I'm trying to find a good 7 channels amp to put my hard earned money without a regret. Sadly i dont live in US to be able to test and return in case i didn't like the amp.
So i narrowed my choices to two amps:

1- ATI NC527 ( i found a good deal being sold for 3,866 $ with shipping and customs)
2- D-Sonic M3A 2800 ( cost with shipping $3,613 still need to pay customs)

budget not more than 3800$

Most of the time i use it for music and movies. important fact it should not require a cooler and not heavy.

My current setup is Denon AVR-X4700H using for now as 5.2.4 Atmos, sometime i feel the 2 towers being less dynamic in music and movies if i push the volume to 65-70 and usually i play the music in multi channels.

i tried to look for a review for D-Sonic M3A 2800 but without success mostly older or different models.

My target for Watts is not less than 200 for each channel.

What should be my choice?

Best Regards,

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HI,

From the title I'm trying to find a good 7 channels amp to put my hard earned money without a regret. Sadly i dont live in US to be able to test and return in case i didn't like the amp.
So i narrowed my choices to two amps:

1- ATI NC527 ( i found a good deal being sold for 3,866 $ with shipping and customs)
2- D-Sonic M3A 2800 ( cost with shipping $3,613 still need to pay customs)

budget not more than 3800$

Most of the time i use it for music and movies. important fact it should not require a cooler and not heavy.

My current setup is Denon AVR-X4700H using for now as 5.2.4 Atmos, sometime i feel the 2 towers being less dynamic in music and movies if i push the volume to 65-70 and usually i play the music in multi channels.

i tried to look for a review for D-Sonic M3A 2800 but without success mostly older or different models.

My target for Watts is not less than 200 for each channel.

What should be my choice?

Best Regards,
NAD M27
7 channels based on the NC400 module. Here in the U.S. they seem to run between $2500-$3k used. Not sure where you are located but if you have any available to you it is a very nice amp.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How about 8 x 500W in 4 ohms for 2600 euros?

Apollon-NCMP8350-8-Channel-Hypex-Amplifier-Inside-Front-Iso.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Or maybe you can do what I did and order a custom amp with 4 x 500W and in your case 4 x 250W all in 4 ohms, with more power for the front trio and less for the surrounds.

OP
K

KSA

i like the idea of NAD amps, but i know they are expensive :(

so far the suggested models are different, so this means i have to do more research and btw I live in Saudi Arabia.
it is hard to get amps and not that much of variety. shipping heavy object like these amps are very expensive.

OP
K

KSA

Or maybe you can do what I did and order a custom amp with 4 x 500W and in your case 4 x 250W all in 4 ohms, with more power for the front trio and less for the surrounds.

So for a while I was looking at Apollonaudio
They seems to have something premium amps for HYPEX nc500 for 7 channels and the other one called ncmp8350 with 8 channels

They look good, should I consider them?

KMO

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I can recommend Apollon.

If looking at the "premium" ones, the Purifi amplifiers are newer and more state-of-the-art than the NC500, and seem to be roughly the same price. I doubt you need the extra power of the NC500 - it seems to be a "tuned for power, rather than purity" design from Hypex.

I have a 5-channel version of this. (I'm running 7 channels but decided to skimp on the rear pair and keep those on the AVR to avoid moving up to the bulky 6-12 channel chassis.)

Apollon cannot be faulted for build quality, if you can afford them, and those premium chassis are gorgeous, but their delivery estimates are frequently optimistic. Expect it to be at least double what the website claims.

OP
K

KSA

I can recommend Apollon.

If looking at the "premium" ones, the Purifi amplifiers are newer and more state-of-the-art than the NC500, and seem to be roughly the same price. I doubt you need the extra power of the NC500 - it seems to be a "tuned for power, rather than purity" design from Hypex.

I have a 5-channel version of this. (I'm running 7 channels but decided to skimp on the rear pair and keep those on the AVR to avoid moving up to the bulky 6-12 channel chassis.)

Apollon cannot be faulted for build quality, if you can afford them, and those premium chassis are gorgeous, but their delivery estimates are frequently optimistic. Expect it to be at least double what the website claims.
Is there a review for NC500 vs purifi? I would love to see something comparing between these two.

KMO

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is there a review for NC500 vs purifi? I would love to see something comparing between these two.
Sure, here are Amir's first measurements for something using each module:

And as a bonus, here are some Apollon teardowns. (The premium cases are a lot prettier than most of these, but I guess they're all similarly built on the inside).

Top Bottom