• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

64 Audio tia Trió IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 114 59.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 49 25.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Blorg

@Zerviscos mine, the nozzle doesn't go past the end of the tips, doesn't look like it does on yours either though. It's not a problem though even if it does go past, it does on the ER4XR. Theoretically if anything it might reduce resonances and push the insertion peak higher, if it allows for deeper insertion. It doesn't cause me any physical issue with it contacting my ear anyway. I have the Z1R as well and get a good deep fit with that with Spring Tips as well, but this is a much easier fit than that.

DSC04146.JPG
PaU4SET.jpg

Is it not really bad advertising that an IEM can't be used with the included accessories, and have a good tuning, for a $2400?
Tips are personal, they relate to the IEM as well but more to your individual ear. So it's possible you find a tip that works particularly well for your ear, but this doesn't mean it's necessarily going to for someone else. I replace the tips on basically everything, more to Spring Tips than anything else although I have quite a variety, some work better on some IEMs than others. Tips aren't expensive either, here Spring Tips are $2/pair. It's rarely a case of "can't be used" though, it's more this aftermarket tip is better for my preference.

This IEM is not bang on Harman in-ear... however that is not my limit as to what I'd consider a "good tuning". This has a pretty good tuning for my preferences. It's certainly not perfect, but neither is Harman in-ear, for me. It's not even what I'd choose if I had to pick and could only have one IEM, I'd take the Monarch Mk2 in that case which is closer to Harman (but not quite, it's better than Harman IMO). For "all rounder" one IEM I'd also pick the Moondrop Variations or Blessing 2 Dusk over this, both of which are closer to Harman as well as being much cheaper. But for when I'm in the mood for this, I find it very enjoyable. I don't think it's a huge step up from something much cheaper, I don't even think it's a better all rounder than many IEMs that are much cheaper. There are huge diminishing returns. But I enjoy it all the same.

markanini

Major Contributor
@Blorg
I'm sure a high end IEM manufacturer could include a wide enough selection of tips to fit a majority of individuals. This would also ensure the integrity of the tuning, which the tips play a significant part in. If I didn't believe in the capabilities of the manufacturer to tune the product I wouldn't think too much about swapping out stock tips for third party ones, I have in the past for that reason.

I'm assuming most objectivists following the topic of IEMs knows that Harman IE target isn't as good a benchmark as the over-ear target, it's been discussed in other threads.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Human behavior is most interesting. The advent of the cell phones didn't spell the doom of watches. (Nor did electronics watches cause mechanical watches to disappear .. or digital music to do the same to vinyl or ...). I wouldn't , thus , think that luxury and so-called "High-End" IEM will disappear. For those who adhere to Science, however, I tend to think the game is over:. The TCZ and its ilk , have redefined the IEM landscape. Over $200.oo for an IME, would be a no-go for most here.... Whether they "like" the Harman curves or not. FWIW, I am very at ease with the Harman curves.. headphones, IEM, speaker... These sound very good to me.

Peace.

markanini

Major Contributor
Hi

Human behavior is most interesting. The advent of the cell phones didn't spell the doom of watches. (Nor did electronics watches cause mechanical watches to disappear .. or digital music to do the same to vinyl or ...). I wouldn't , thus , think that luxury and so-called "High-End" IEM will disappear. For those who adhere to Science, however, I tend to think the game is over:. The TCZ and its ilk , have redefined the IEM landscape. Over $200.oo for an IME, would be a no-go for most here.... Whether they "like" the Harman curves or not. FWIW, I am very at ease with the Harman curves.. headphones, IEM, speaker... These sound very good to me.

Peace.
It's conditioning. A high end IEM consumer started with a reasonable IEM purchase years ago, when the segment consisted of many justifiably poor performers. A collective choir of enthusiasts/hobbyists, almost all on an indulgence spending high, mutually encouraging others to spend just a little more to achieve audio nirvana, and it goes on for years, the consumer gets basically groomed into thinking that they get good value from a four figure investment. It's too persuasive for some people not to get drawn into it when everyone is enabling and encouraging, giving attention to costly purchases, like it's giving out halloween candy. It's a feeling of popularity that you wished you had in middle school.

Last edited:

Sebby

And they tend to fail within three to five years. *Every* BA IEM I ever owned has failed (Ultimate Ears, Shure, Massdrop, Nuforce, Kinera and some I forget), while I have some dynamics over a decade old. BA's are the staple of the hearing aid industry and hearing aid manufacturers expect the users to renew every 5 years or even more often.
My Final F7200 still works perfectly as on the first day and we are talking about a specimen purchased immediately after its launch date on the market

Sebby

However much you want to defend the product. I ask you, honestly what is there in it to justify its price: $2300.oo, versus another IEM that happens to cost to the consumer $50.oo. We need to put the galactical difference in prices in context: You can buy 46 (!!) of the cheaper but not lesser TCZ IEM with this cash outlay. Surely, this is exactly what we are doing, we made a judgement:
Trying to understand what objective advantage does this , from that point, absurdly priced IEM, offer? Can you provide us a few? Please? That, would support your points, if any, better.
The IEM market may not be consequential enough for general market analyst to notice, but this is what a disruptive product is. The TCZ makes it very difficult , once you know, and understand, to buy an IEM for $300.oo, let alone, $2 3 0 0.oo. Two Thousands three hundred US Dollars.

We are at that point where many audio products have become commodities: You need an headphones amp capable of pushing 1.2 watts at, measurably microscopic amount of distortion? Do not spend more than $150.oo. Countless examples, among these, the JDS Labs Atom. You want a DAC that clears the audible SINAD threshold? $9.95 (!!).. Can you justify on those grounds spending $500, for such? That is what we have here: This $2300.oo IEM, doesn't look better (I know this is subjective), and now let's be objective and measurable :):
It doesn't adhere to a reasonably well documented and accepted curve.
It doesn't present less distortion than its $50.oo counterpart...

What does it bring to the table?

Please?

Peace.
I can agree with you about the idiocy of spending €3000 on an IEM, but thinking that once you've listened to TCZ it makes no sense to buy more expensive ones or even simply different models in its price range, is also idiocy.
I personally own a TCZ, as well as Final Audio E500/E3000/A4000/E5000/F7200, 1More Triple Driver, Intime Sora 2, HIFIMAN HE800s, etc... and no, TCZ is not the definitive answer in its price range and nor at higher prices.
I have tried expensive IEMs which I consider terrible and cheap IEMs which I consider great (in fact my list varies from €25 to €500 and I would not replace any of them, apart from 1More which is there gathering dust) so it is true that a high price It's not a guarantee of good sound, I can agree on this.
I drive all my IEMs on the move with an Asus Zenfone 9 and therefore you can't reach 114 db and even when I'm at home and use the Topping G5 (Final E5000 needs it) I NEVER listen at high levels.
My F7200s are probably the highest distortion IEMs of all, yet there is no IEM that can reproduce vocals and simple acoustic music with as much realism and its soundstage is almost as mind-blowing as the A4000, both better of my HIFIMAN HE400se.
The trick is to stay below excessive volume levels, especially for the safety of your ears, especially with BAs which are not made for listening at high volumes but for giving you tons of detail at comfortable volumes.
Every time I switch to TCZ I realize how claustrophobic the sound is, with confusing images, etc...
According to my tastes, Final E500 (paid €25 on Amazon Italy) which are much cheaper than TCZ, have technicalities and a better sound tone.
Don't get me wrong, TCZs sound good and I will defend that statement with all my might, but there is better out there regardless of price.
Without wanting to spend too much (and you might be right), try a Final A3000 (which is not my teacup and in fact not part of my collection) which cost €110 (at least here in Italy) and then go back to TCZ.
Without wanting to exaggerate, try an E3000 which is similar in cost to TCZ and then come back here.
TCZ no matter how "correct", you will leave it to gather dust which is what is happening with me.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can agree with you about the idiocy of spending €3000 on an IEM, but thinking that once you've listened to TCZ it makes no sense to buy more expensive ones or even simply different models in its price range, is also idiocy.
I personally own a TCZ, as well as Final Audio E500/E3000/A4000/E5000/F7200, 1More Triple Driver, Intime Sora 2, HIFIMAN HE800s, etc... and no, TCZ is not the definitive answer in its price range and nor at higher prices.
I have tried expensive IEMs which I consider terrible and cheap IEMs which I consider great (in fact my list varies from €25 to €500 and I would not replace any of them, apart from 1More which is there gathering dust) so it is true that a high price It's not a guarantee of good sound, I can agree on this.
I drive all my IEMs on the move with an Asus Zenfone 9 and therefore you can't reach 114 db and even when I'm at home and use the Topping G5 (Final E5000 needs it) I NEVER listen at high levels.
My F7200s are probably the highest distortion IEMs of all, yet there is no IEM that can reproduce vocals and simple acoustic music with as much realism and its soundstage is almost as mind-blowing as the A4000, both better of my HIFIMAN HE400se.
The trick is to stay below excessive volume levels, especially for the safety of your ears, especially with BAs which are not made for listening at high volumes but for giving you tons of detail at comfortable volumes.
Every time I switch to TCZ I realize how claustrophobic the sound is, with confusing images, etc...
According to my tastes, Final E500 (paid €25 on Amazon Italy) which are much cheaper than TCZ, have technicalities and a better sound tone.
Don't get me wrong, TCZs sound good and I will defend that statement with all my might, but there is better out there regardless of price.
Without wanting to spend too much (and you might be right), try a Final A3000 (which is not my teacup and in fact not part of my collection) which cost €110 (at least here in Italy) and then go back to TCZ.
Without wanting to exaggerate, try an E3000 which is similar in cost to TCZ and then come back here.
TCZ no matter how "correct", you will leave it to gather dust which is what is happening with me.
Not sure I stated anywhere that the TCZ was the end of it all... and to quote you .. that
once you've listened to TCZ it makes no sense to buy more expensive ones or even simply different models in its price range

Peace.

Sebby

Not sure I stated anywhere that the TCZ was the end of it all... and to quote you .. that

Peace.
You literally said there's no point in buying anything else when you own the TCZ.
You obviously haven't tried other IEMs regardless of price...

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

You literally said there's no point in buying anything else when you own the TCZ.
You obviously haven't tried other IEMs regardless of price...
Here is my post.
However much you want to defend the product. I ask you, honestly what is there in it to justify its price: $2300.oo, versus another IEM that happens to cost to the consumer $50.oo. We need to put the galactical difference in prices in context: You can buy 46 (!!) of the cheaper but not lesser TCZ IEM with this cash outlay. Surely, this is exactly what we are doing, we made a judgement:
Trying to understand what objective advantage does this , from that point, absurdly priced IEM, offer? Can you provide us a few? Please? That, would support your points, if any, better.
The IEM market may not be consequential enough for general market analyst to notice, but this is what a disruptive product is. The TCZ makes it very difficult , once you know, and understand, to buy an IEM for $300.oo, let alone, $2 3 0 0.oo. Two Thousands three hundred US Dollars.

We are at that point where many audio products have become commodities: You need an headphones amp capable of pushing 1.2 watts at, measurably microscopic amount of distortion? Do not spend more than $150.oo. Countless examples, among these, the JDS Labs Atom. You want a DAC that clears the audible SINAD threshold? $9.95 (!!).. Can you justify on those grounds spending $500, for such? That is what we have here: This $2300.oo IEM, doesn't look better (I know this is subjective), and now let's be objective and measurable :):
It doesn't adhere to a reasonably well documented and accepted curve.
It doesn't present less distortion than its $50.oo counterpart...

What does it bring to the table?

Please?

Peace.

Please show me in the above post where I "literally said": that there is NO POINT... emphasis is mine.. Please?

Peace.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
how TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero can outperform 64audio?
This is indeed a good question for 64audio, and its costumers.
Because price in Audio gear is not a good measurement for quality and performance. The Truthear & Zero have been measured and tested here. According to these tests and measurement results these two inexpensive IEM’s measure as good if not better than the 64audio with compliance to the IEM preference curves used as benchmarks for this particular Audio device industry. ASR has proven over and over again that Price is the last thing a user/consumer should use as a valid metric for performance.

Do your own comparison using these reviews:

leonasj500

Because price in Audio gear is not a good measurement for quality and performance. The Truthear & Zero have been measured and tested here. According to these tests and measurement results these two inexpensive IEM’s measure as good if not better than the 64audio with compliance to the IEM preference curves used as benchmarks for this particular Audio device industry. ASR has proven over and over again that Price is the last thing a user/consumer should use as a valid metric for performance.

Do your own comparison using these reviews:

im rolled some cheap and kilobuck iem,and my EndGame finally become sony iem-z1r. this one sounds way better vs its big muddy brother mdr-z1r. its a HiEnd for iem. yes,perfect superior fit for me. walking driving or everywhere. many selling as not fit good for them.

Attachments

• z1r.jpg
    z1r.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom