• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

60 kg DAC

OP
Frank Dernie

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll be honest, I actually like the look of the construction, component quality and overall finish. Not so sure about the Nixie-like display, but I guess it's unique. Not in the market for a very expensive D/A converter, but if I was, I'd rather give my money to the Greeks and their economy rather than the EU.

He looks like he has a friendly face.
They aren't Greek they are Cypriots. Cyprus is one country but there is a "Greek" side and a "Turkish" side to the island who are permanently at loggerheads.

I have Greek loudspeakers :)

gvl

Major Contributor
I'm pretty certain the author of the article would suffer from an onset of acute graphomania if he heard their 120kg DAC. To be fair these weights must be inclusive the hefty off-board PSU as I just can't see the box pictured in the article clocking at 60 kilos given the stated dimensions.

OP
Frank Dernie

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm pretty certain the author of the article would suffer from an onset of acute graphomania if he heard their 120kg DAC. To be fair these weights must be inclusive the hefty off-board PSU as I just can't see the box pictured in the article clocking at 60 kilos given the stated dimensions.
Since high weight is seen by some as a measure of goodness I know of kit with a thick steel baseplate, maybe 15mm thick, so it weighs a lot before adding any functioning bits.
My Goldmund Mimesis 29.4 monoblocs weigh 75 kg each. They have several vast transformers inside. I don't use them at the moment but they are too heavy to move :(

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

maxxevv

Major Contributor
No idea about its technical performance but aesthetics wise, it seems to be attempting to be different just for the sake of being different.
There doesn't seem to be a coherent design baseline in the overall scheme of things ?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
The weight adds stability and reduces noises.

Top Bottom