• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

60 kg DAC

Jorj

Forum Donor
Wow.....what a word salad. A conventional DAC "cannot follow the reflection and harmonic decays instead of materializing without any timbral gaps, becomes a lifeless and absent of harmonic richness"

Yeah, my system just can't do that. Truncated notes and lack of harmonics & reverb is what I was going for.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It’s a favourite on What Brain Forum.
Keith

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But how is this better than the chip in my phone?

You simply cannot compare the harmonic density and timbral weight of something that weight 60 KG to your phone.. Suppose you are using the heaviest premium smartphone around , the iPhone 8 Plus which weigh 202 grams!! For your information 60 KG is 60,000 grams.

ASR is a Science and facts audio forum, I wanted to point that to you

:D

Welcome to the ASR, top443 !

gvl

Major Contributor
For 18.000 EUR I'd be unhappy to find the DAC chips were from different production runs.

Rodney Gold

A torturous read..but why let it upset you?

garbulky

Major Contributor
The main problem is that the writer doesn't seem to be a native english speaker. His writing style was very hard to follow. Any competent editor should have flagged this and done some revisions before publishing.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Even if someone did, I would have to pass on it. I know the Stavros, his Dad and Brian (their US rep). They are extremely nice people. Their horn speakers produces some amazing sound, something I can't do with my system.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
...the weight is the most important DAC characteristic...

It is very important. A 60kg D/A converter is not going to be stolen by a burglar.

Once my system reached an obscene overall mass, I stopped worrying about someone breaking in and stealing it all.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I'll be honest, I actually like the look of the construction, component quality and overall finish. Not so sure about the Nixie-like display, but I guess it's unique. Not in the market for a very expensive D/A converter, but if I was, I'd rather give my money to the Greeks and their economy rather than the EU.

He looks like he has a friendly face.

Wombat

Master Contributor
You simply cannot compare the harmonic density and timbral weight of something that weight 60 KG to your phone.. Suppose you are using the heaviest premium smartphone around , the iPhone 8 Plus which weigh 202 grams!! For your information 60 KG is 60,000 grams.

ASR is a Science and facts audio forum, I wanted to point that to you

:D

Welcome to the ASR, top443 !

Not always. o_O

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
The first thing I noticed is this: The pictures are repetitive, the same.

It looks nice inside, well organised, but why keep showing the same thing over.

Sixty kilos is one hundred and thirty-two pounds. Nice, it has to be very solid and unshakeable.

I looked for the price, @ the very end, not that I truly care for ...

PRICE
18.000 EUR with VAT in Europe

Wombat

Master Contributor
The first thing I noticed is this: The pictures are repetitive, the same.

It looks nice inside, well organised, but why keep showing the same thing over.

Sixty kilos is one hundred and thirty-two pounds. Nice, it has to be very solid and unshakeable.

I looked for the price, @ the very end, not that I truly care for ...

PRICE
18.000 EUR with VAT in Europe

Finance is hard to get in Greece and expensive. Probably its on-cost reflected in the price. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom