• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My post is just to point out that copper purity cannot be imitated, not about whether it makes a difference or not. Who knows, the wire may not be even made of copper. Unless you cut the wire and examine it, there is no way to know what metal is used to make the cable.
How do you confirm the degree of purity of the Nordost cables? Take the manufacturer word for it?

Peace.

lemnoc

Come on guys. This is comic relief. Surely you must be able to see the funny side of it. :D

dorakeg

How do you confirm the degree of purity of the Nordost cables? Take the manufacturer word for it?

Peace.

No way to know, as I mentioned in my previous post.

"I am not sure if nordost is indeed 7N copper (that's what they said but nobody knows)."

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like Jay is horrified that the punters are paying $50 for a knockoff of Nordost cables instead of the full 10k retail price for the real thing. Give me a break. This dude comes right out of a comic book. Does anyone take him seriously ?

Just read the comments under his video. It's astonish how many take his views seriously!

He seems like a good guy, but basically down the audiophile rabbit hole and waving everyone to come with him. I actually enjoy visiting his channel sometimes for some gear pron, but I've found he and his videos have become excruciatingly click-baity.

Adaboy4z

Looks like Jay is horrified that the punters are paying $50 for a knockoff of Nordost cables instead of the full 10k retail price for the real thing. Give me a break. This dude comes right out of a comic book. Does anyone take him seriously ?

I watched his video on switching out the wall outlets and how it increased Bass output and depth. Its the third time he has switched wall outlets in search of better sound.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I watched his video on switching out the wall outlets and how it increased Bass output and depth. Its the third time he has switched wall outlets in search of better sound.

It's basically an ongoing documentary of someone stuck in audiophilia nervosa .

RenSong

Come on guys. This is comic relief. Surely you must be able to see the funny side of it. :D

I've been following his channel for a few months. Some things I've deduced:

-he reviewed $4k mofi speakers with literally $250k+ gear and wimpy stands
-he changes speakers every few weeks, but these are 100s of pounds of speakers which explains his huge muscles
-seems like many Floridians are filthy rich and love excess things (cars, watches, Class A poweramps)
-he sits directly against his back wall but claims of soundstage behind his head

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been following his channel for a few months. Some things I've deduced:

-he reviewed $4k mofi speakers with literally $250k+ gear and wimpy stands
-he changes speakers every few weeks, but these are 100s of pounds of speakers which explains his huge muscles
-seems like many Floridians are filthy rich and love excess things (cars, watches, Class A poweramps)
-he sits directly against his back wall but claims of soundstage behind his head
Thanks for the summary, and commend you for your perseverance, I can't stand even a few minutes!

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Regardless of the ethics, if I saw a cable for ~$70, complete with wooden doo-dads, that I'm pretty sure don't have any effect on the cables ability to conduct mains power, that mimmics a cable costing $10,000, that just might tip me off to the fact that the "genuine" cable is ever so slightly over priced.

Presumably the guys turning them out at $70 are still making a profit. :oops:

egellings

Major Contributor
Kay-bulls! That's the spelling that should be used for the overpriced conductive exotica.

lemnoc

More comedy. Apparently it's trash because they are not ripping you off $10k for a power cord :D LOL

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
More comedy. Apparently it's trash because they are not ripping you off $10k for a power cord :D LOL

The best service this gentleman could provide his audience would actually be to set up a blind test between the real and knock-off Nordost cables. That could be very eye-opening (and of course, threatening to one's Golden Ears Guru status). Unfortunately, the approach instead will be to further promote dubious ideas about super expensive cables. And his audience will continue to thank him for his service to the community...:rolleyes:

RustyGates

"ODIN SUPREME REFERENCE CABLES​

Nordost’s Supreme Reference Cable Range is the culmination of more than three decades of research and development, achievements, and advancements in the hifi audio industry. Odin 2 Audio Cables use every tool available in the Nordost arsenal, including the highest-quality materials, innovative manufacturing techniques, and transformative proprietary technology, all of which allow the range to transcend previously well-established sonic boundaries and redefine sound reproduction. Odin Gold then takes the revolutionary technological advances developed for the Odin 2 range, and improves upon the very composition, introducing gold a material whose stability, conductivity, and tolerance yield transformative enhancements in audio performance. Both lines within our Supreme Reference Cable Range will bolster high end sound systems to new levels and allow listeners to finally enjoy the unattainable sound that they have been searching for."

A worse electrical conductor than copper... how brain dead do you need to be to buy these cables.

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning

"ODIN SUPREME REFERENCE CABLES​

Nordost’s Supreme Reference Cable Range is the culmination of more than three decades of research and development, achievements, and advancements in the hifi audio industry. Odin 2 Audio Cables use every tool available in the Nordost arsenal, including the highest-quality materials, innovative manufacturing techniques, and transformative proprietary technology, all of which allow the range to transcend previously well-established sonic boundaries and redefine sound reproduction. Odin Gold then takes the revolutionary technological advances developed for the Odin 2 range, and improves upon the very composition, introducing gold a material whose stability, conductivity, and tolerance yield transformative enhancements in audio performance. Both lines within our Supreme Reference Cable Range will bolster high end sound systems to new levels and allow listeners to finally enjoy the unattainable sound that they have been searching for."

A worse electrical conductor than copper... how brain dead do you need to be to buy these cables.
How about this version of their marketing sentence?

Properly designed diffusers, bass-absorbing pressure membranes, and absorbing panels will bolster high-end sound systems to new levels and allow listeners to finally enjoy the unattainable sound that they have been. THE END. LOL

Top Bottom