• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$50,000 and up turntable recommendations!

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I figured that most people on this forum are needing and craving a turntable that costs more than a Tesla, so please read this from The Absolute Sound before you buy. Personally I'd rather by a Corvette, but that's just me.

OP
D

dtaylo1066

On the other hand, if you have two houses, you may want to snap up two of the TecDas tables for a total of $900,000. If I knew someone who spent $450,000 on a tt, I'd tell them they are a dope or maybe smack them.

jp4573

They should supply the specification about how to build the room to put the tt in it.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Duffers. If I made a $100k plus TT, it would include vacuum. Not vacuum hold down. It would seal up after you placed the LP on, and a pump would evacuate the chamber to create a vacuum so sound and aerodynamic effects couldn't disturb the arm/platter as it goes about the job. I have other ideas too if I decided to reach the $500k plateau which would make for the best of their choices since obviously price equals quality and mine would cost more than the $450k model.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I figured that most people on this forum are needing and craving a turntable that costs more than a Tesla, so please read this from The Absolute Sound before you buy. Personally I'd rather by a Corvette, but that's just me.

Rube Goldberg would love those contraptions.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Duffers. If I made a $100k plus TT, it would include vacuum. Not vacuum hold down. It would seal up after you placed the LP on, and a pump would evacuate the chamber to create a vacuum so sound and aerodynamic effects couldn't disturb the arm/platter as it goes about the job. I have other ideas too if I decided to reach the $500k plateau which would make for the best of their choices since obviously price equals quality and mine would cost more than the $450k model.

Easy to go more expensive. I think of a 400kg table out of pure gold.

Prana Ferox

When you get to that price range I'm less worried about the SNR and more if the rate of return on resale provides more inflation protection than government bonds.

Top Bottom