• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

42 is the answer, what was the question? Stories and Random Thoughts...

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I went on vacation and turned off everything in my system. When I returned a month later and turned it on, it sounded like crap. After a few days I made a measurement with REW and realized I did not turn the subs back on. It must be 2020.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Bought KH80s for my TV to replace the built-in speakers. On first play, not much "wow". Swallowed disappointment. Many plays later it was clear that every irritation I had with the TV speakers was gone. No boominess, no missing dialogue or clarity, no audible distortion or fatigue. Bass response is similar in depth, but tighter.

Definition of good product design: no mission to intrude on its use with its presence. Perfect background.

Fact: I would not have bought them if I wasn't struggling to catch the music and dialogue in David Lynch's Fire Walk with Me.

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
More fun and games. I bought Mrs. T a new smart TV. It's a mid range Samsung 55" which fits in the same space as the old 50" moron TV that came with the house. Everything went fine until we tried to get the Xfinity (cable) remote to work with the new TV. She calls Comcast and the lady on the phone can't help her. I do a search and find the instructions. It isn't working. I realize the TV is taking it's input from WiFi and not the cable box. That fixed it in a minute. What is someone like her supposed to do if she doesn't have someone like me around? Ha ha.

If it were me only, I would get rid of cable in a second, but she loves it. After today, I don't think I want to deal with a bunch of subscriptions, even if it costs less.

I was hoping for more stories of tech challenges and fumbles. I'm not an engineer, so sometimes it takes me a while to get it.

Top Bottom