• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

40 useful concepts

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Loved that - especially the last (to paraphrase) "not all are necessarily true - they are intended to provoke curiosity"

I believe curiosity to be one of the most important human traits.

Newman

Major Contributor
Brandolini’s Law
1631934879371.png

I agree, a beauty for audio forums.

There should be a side note, stating that refuting it is tiring, but saying it seems to be energising!

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In the same spirit (no pun intended), but listing some fundamental critical-thinking filters ("baloney detection") more than epiphenomena is a nice summary of a chapter of Carl Sagan's last published book, the summary created by Maria Popova at Brain Pickings. It popped up as one of Firefox's suggested readings when I opened a new tab.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...nd-critical-thinking?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Excellent!

(When I went to one of those Thread Reader App links, I noticed that he seems to have done some other threads like it.)

Top Bottom