• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

Attachments

• 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 220

molexey

Looks like a SY-DAP1002 with TPA3250 is slightly cleaner and ADAU1701 is limiting performance (-83 dB exactly as in the datasheet).

Attachments

• H2d2e8dc2e497424f853c68a7c018c582Y.jpg
    H2d2e8dc2e497424f853c68a7c018c582Y.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 209
  • ADAU1701.png
    ADAU1701.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 201

Ralferator

Looks like a SY-DAP1002 with TPA3250 is slightly cleaner and ADAU1701 is limiting performance (-83 dB exactly as in the datasheet).

do you think higher than -83 dB is hearable? So is it really limiting for the ear or just the measurements?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you already do some listening tests? Did you get the 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms version?

I caught a cold a few days ago and couldn't go at @renaudrenaud 's to test that amp against his (here at my flat I can't pump the volume up so can't really test an amp). I hope we will be able to do that in the next days!

I have the 4 ohm version.

Bushellj

do you think higher than -83 dB is hearable? So is it really limiting for the ear or just the measurements?

I have the TPA3250 version since it was first released. I think there is definitely some affect on the Sound Quality as the music has to pass through two lots of digital conversion (ADC and DAC) before reaching the final power amplifier.

That said, this is a nicely built unit and I am very pleased with its performance. The RCA (analogue) inputs sound better than the Bluetooth Wireless input but I believe this is due to the lossy Bluetooth transmission rather than any fault of the Amplifier. I think the TPA3250 version will be more than adequate for most people. It would be nice to see 3e-Audio introduce a TPA3251 version based on the new TPA3255 PCB and chassis. I miss a remote control but that would require a major re-design of the CPU Control part of the amplifier !

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I have the TPA3250 version since it was first released. I think there is definitely some affect on the Sound Quality as the music has to pass through two lots of digital conversion (ADC and DAC) before reaching the final power amplifier.

That said, this is a nicely built unit and I am very pleased with its performance. The RCA (analogue) inputs sound better than the Bluetooth Wireless input but I believe this is due to the lossy Bluetooth transmission rather than any fault of the Amplifier. I think the TPA3250 version will be more than adequate for most people. It would be nice to see 3e-Audio introduce a TPA3251 version based on the new TPA3255 PCB and chassis. I miss a remote control but that would require a major re-design of the CPU Control part of the amplifier !
With @daftcombo we have a project with the 3eAudio mono TPA 3255 cards.

I've started with one card in mono (like speaker test from @amirm) and spent one hour listening just one speaker... I am really convinced! Next step is @daftcombo at home, for preparing the second card and some listening session with coffee and panettone.

Bushellj

With @daftcombo we have a project with the 3eAudio mono TPA 3255 cards.

I've started with one card in mono (like speaker test from @amirm) and spent one hour listening just one speaker... I am really convinced! Next step is @daftcombo at home, for preparing the second card and some listening session with coffee and panettone.

I am also playing with the latest version of the 3e-Audio TPA3255 2-Channel Card with and without the DSP based Pre-Amplifier. Be interested to learn how the DSP affects the separate Amplifier boards rather than the Integrated Amplifiers. I am using a Mean Well 200W 24V (turned up to 30 volts) SMTP Power Supply for this. The Power Supplies are as important as the Amplifier to get the best out of these boards.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I am also playing with the latest version of the 3e-Audio TPA3255 2-Channel Card with and without the DSP based Pre-Amplifier. Be interested to learn how the DSP affects the separate Amplifier boards rather than the Integrated Amplifiers. I am using a Mean Well 200W 24V (turned up to 30 volts) SMTP Power Supply for this. The Power Supplies are as important as the Amplifier to get the best out of these boards.
We are playing with the mono TPA 3255 card.

For the moment I use one Lab Power supply, this is not a Chinese low cost one, this is a really lab grade equipment with 2 output, we can select voltage and current to dual 60V and 20A...

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We are playing with the mono TPA 3255 card.

For the moment I use one Lab Power supply, this is not a Chinese low cost one, this is a really lab grade equipment with 2 output, we can select voltage and current to dual 60V and 20A...
We will be playing with both! I'll bring the 2nd card AND the SY-DAP2002. I'm a good customer.

molexey

No, I don't. But I don't have a pair of "golden ears". :D I believe the DSP gives much more like a room correction or a custom loudness.
I'm going to do my own measurements of the SY-DAP1002 REV1.0 and some blind test with my friends.

TomekNet

I've read whole thread but didn't find: is there any "easy" way of making SY-DAP2002 switch on automatically on analogue input signal or at least not to switch off to standby? I see there is some kind of firmware "SY-DAP1002-User-EQ-No-ASB-Rev1.1.rar" - what exactly do I need to load it in?

Bushellj

I've read whole thread but didn't find: is there any "easy" way of making SY-DAP2002 switch on automatically on analogue input signal or at least not to switch off to standby? I see there is some kind of firmware "SY-DAP1002-User-EQ-No-ASB-Rev1.1.rar" - what exactly do I need to load it in?

As this DSP software upgrade has to be done by 3e-Audio as it accesses parts of the code that are not available to you and me you will need to make this request directly to 3e-Audio. They do tend to read this thread. It was me that asked them to provide this for the SY-DAP1002 as I was finding it a real problem when it kept dropping into standby. I know on the new SY-DAP2002 they have increased the period of time it stays on after the music stops but I would still find this a pain. All my amps just stay on 24/7 !!

To make any changes to the DSP Software or just to install software provided by 3e-Audio you need a Windows Computer, Free DSP Development Software (just download) and the USBi interface that can be purchased off 3e-Audio.

vince_eco

I was a little heavy handed opening my amp up:-( and damaged the FFC (FPC) ribbon cable connector onto the main board. Can anyone point me at a replacement part?

Bushellj

I was a little heavy handed opening my amp up:-( and damaged the FFC (FPC) ribbon cable connector onto the main board. Can anyone point me at a replacement part?

You don't say where you are located but a quick search on Google will probably turn up several suppliers of these cables. In the UK - RS carry them for a few pounds.

vince_eco

You don't say where you are located but a quick search on Google will probably turn up several suppliers of these cables. In the UK - RS carry them for a few pounds.
Thanks, I am based in the UK. The difficultly I'm having is the style of the smd connections, it has five pins on one side of the connector and five on the other. For example Mouser seems to show the MOLEX 52610 connector matching this pin configuration but RS shows all the connections on one side. Of course this could just be poor documentation, I'm not familar enough with this style of connector to know.

Bushellj

Thanks, I am based in the UK. The difficultly I'm having is the style of the smd connections, it has five pins on one side of the connector and five on the other. For example Mouser seems to show the MOLEX 52610 connector matching this pin configuration but RS shows all the connections on one side. Of course this could just be poor documentation, I'm not familar enough with this style of connector to know.

I would need to open my unit (TPA3250 version) to see exactly what type of cable and how many connections are used between the two boards. Most of the these cables only have tracks on one side - Not sure how the main board talks to the front panel but most likely multiplexed with minimal connections required ?

I have also found 3e-Audio most helpful and they should be able to give you the information or even send you a new cable. They are present on this Group.

Top Bottom