• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

Toku

Major Contributor
On my amp there is no pop on startup or shutdown, but there is a pretty loud pop when i power off my DX3 Pro before the amp.

I played around with different sources and I also get very mild popping/crackling when signals abruptly cut or change volume, independent of the source (DX3 Pro USB/BT, Amp Line/BT)
Is the DX3 Pro you are using a LDAC Ver.2 model?
DX3 Pro Ver.1 Non LDAC model does not have this symptom. In Ver.1, many users complained that the internal relay operation noise was annoying, and Topping changed the model to DX3 Pro LDAC, but as a result, a new problem of pop noise occurred.

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
Yes, its the newer version with LDAC, but there is still relay noise when enabling or disabling the headphone amplifier though?
It doesn't matter whether the pop noise is in DAC mode or headphone mode.
The rating of the input voltage of a general amplifier is 2V, but the input voltage of this 3e audio amplifier is 1V. Therefore, if DX3 Pro LDAC is used in DAC mode, 2V will be output and the input will be over, distorting the sound, and the small pop noise of DX3 Pro LDAC will be greatly amplified.
To avoid this, use DX3 Pro LDAC in preamp mode and turn down the volume by about -10dB.

cyberzigot

The rating of the input voltage of a general amplifier is 2V, but the input voltage of this 3e audio amplifier is 1V. Therefore, if DX3 Pro LDAC is used in DAC mode, 2V will be output and the input will be over, distorting the sound, and the small pop noise of DX3 Pro LDAC will be greatly amplified.
To avoid this, use DX3 Pro LDAC in preamp mode and turn down the volume by about -10dB.

was considering this amp until you mentioned this the first time. I hope 3e has plans to rectify this. Its a great inconvenience to be forced to run my dac as preamp.

EmViKay

I know, I was asking for the resistors to swap out inside the amp for 2V line input last month.

I always had the DX3 in Pre-Mode anyway. The 3e-Audio Amp stays fixed at 14 o´clock while I set the Topping somewhere between -45 to -25 for regular listening volumes. The pop when shutting down the topping first is still worryingly loud, so I just keep both of them on or shut down the amp first.

Toku

Major Contributor
I know, I was asking for the resistors to swap out inside the amp for 2V line input last month.

I always had the DX3 in Pre-Mode anyway. The 3e-Audio Amp stays fixed at 14 o´clock while I set the Topping somewhere between -45 to -25 for regular listening volumes. The pop when shutting down the topping first is still worryingly loud, so I just keep both of them on or shut down the amp first.
DX3Pro LDAC pop noise comes out at a constant level regardless of the DX3Pro LDAC volume setting.
Therefore, it will not decrease unless the volume is lowered on the 3e audio side.

EmViKay

Well, its not a problem anymore anyway. Seems like my amp was faulty to begin with. When I first powered up our system I noticed a lack of voices and now ive spent weeks trying to EQ it away thinking the Q3020is were at fault (I was wondering why amir called them "bright" when I needed to pull up the highs by like 10db or so to understand what people were saying in movies at normal volume). When measuring I found massive drop/roll-off in the highs that I chalked up to "probably a measurement error on my IMM-6 or something". Turns out, when I plug these speakers into the amp of my old 2.1 system suddenly voices and vocals arent "lost inbetween" anymore but sound like they are supposed to. Measurement with pink noise confirms the drop is gone. Im glad I didnt swap out the resistors yet, this unit is a dud :(

Last edited:

3eaudio

Audio Company
TPA3250 new version(Rev1.1) had been released in our Aliexpress store,
TPA3255 first sample had been done,will continues production in coming days and will release early next week.
the main change in new version
  1. use a DIP-8 OP-AMP for user to try different type op-amp (default is NE5532).
  2. use ELNA SILMIC II Capacitors for all audio path

1604489425656.png

1604489292501.png

TimW

Major Contributor
TPA3255 first sample had been done,will continues production in coming days and will release early next week.
  1. use a DIP-8 OP-AMP for user to try different type op-amp (default is NE5532).

View attachment 91434
View attachment 91433
Is analog input level still limited to 1V?

Toku

Major Contributor

View attachment 91434
View attachment 91433
I have two questions on the new TPA3255 model.

1. Is the input level of RCA AUDIO-IN still 1V?

2. Is the specification that the power is turned off when the audio signal is cut off for a certain period of time continue?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

Which power supply can yout recommend for the TPA3250 rev1.1?
Forr the forthcoming TPA325?

3eaudio

Audio Company
@All
more information please find in User Manual
feel free to let us know if anything missed then we can continue to add in

molexey

@All
feel free to let us know if anything missed then we can continue to add in
  • Built-in 15 Segment LEDs Ring for volume indicating and other UI etc.

Unfortunately, this is useless for now. Because the volume potentiometer uses a linear (not log) curve.
Another cool feature if the LED ring could indicate as a dynamic VU meter.

I have re-created output block with the interpolation linear to log curve. If anyone is interested, I'll share a dspproj file for Sigma Studio.

Top Bottom