• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

Ralferator

confirm both integrated amp(3250/3255) start from mid of Dec had add these cap as our final solution. and the test data showed in product description page are base on that.
thanks for all these amigos's great feedback(almost this forum) and we will keep improve to make good product.

What about the OP amps? Do you check them too? They seem to be fake if they produce so much noise

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I received three pairs of op amps today, to replace the probably fake stock ones.

Now waiting for an invitation by @renaudrenaud to try them! ;)

AfterThought

confirm both integrated amp(3250/3255) start from mid of Dec had add these cap as our final solution. and the test data showed in product description page are base on that.
thanks for all these amigos's great feedback(almost this forum) and we will keep improve to make good product.

3e, my apologies for my previous post. This is my first D Class amp (Car or Home) and never seen a signal like that before. I'm messaging the moderators to see if they can remove my previous post.

zachery2006

I got my OP 1612a today as well, and just inserted them in. The big noise is gone, and the noise comes back to normal level. I took a pic of old NE5532 as well, it seems not fake, maybe just bad implementation?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

AfterThought

I just bought 2 of each of the following to test...

LM4562NA
OPA1612AIDR
ADA4627
(Supposedly an OPA627 equivalent)
NE5532AP (to confirm whether or not the ones that came with the amp were knock offs or not)

I'll report back with findings.....crap, I should've ordered the caps and stuff too.....

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I just bought 2 of each of the following to test...

LM4562NA
OPA1612AIDR
ADA4627
(Supposedly an OPA627 equivalent)
NE5532AP (to confirm whether or not the ones that came with the amp were knock offs or not)

I'll report back with findings.....crap, I should've ordered the caps and stuff too.....

While you are at it, its probably convenient to check the rail voltage of the opamps. Some of the opamps are rated to run nominally at 12V some are 15/16 V. I was wondering if the 5532 generating noise might be related to that ?

AfterThought

While you are at it, its probably convenient to check the rail voltage of the opamps. Some of the opamps are rated to run nominally at 12V some are 15/16 V. I was wondering if the 5532 generating noise might be related to that ?

Will do, I should have the components in 2 days...possibly 3.

Ralferator

What about the OP amps? Do you check them now so noisy ones won't get delivered anymore? Please let us know - i asked before, but didn't get an answer yet.

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
With a LM4562NA op-amp the noise is gone.
If I order the DIP8 version of this, will it be a simple swap with whats on there currently? I do not think amir will want to solder before testing the review unit?

coolize

If I order the DIP8 version of this, will it be a simple swap with whats on there currently? I do not think amir will want to solder before testing the review unit?
yes , the LM4562NA dip8 version fits directly into the slot. i used that on my amp.

AfterThought

Preliminary report...(couldn't wait for the capacitors to come)

Wow, I took out the (most certainly knockoff) NE5532a's that came with the amp, swapped them out for the

LM4562NA --- Sound phenominal
OPA1612AIDR
--- Same as above
ADA4627
--- Wouldn't work, realllly low and heavily distorted audio, gotta look into why
NE5532AP --- Slightly lower noise than the stock ones, none of the distortion.

My first impression, when I plugged in the amp for the first time, was "There's no way anyone can think this POS sounds good!"...to the point where I questioned if people on here even knew what good sound was. I guess my opamps were just that bad, the distortion was heavy. I mean I couldn't listen to it for more than 30 seconds without just shaking my head and saying "nope, no way, there's no way in hell I can accept this thing".

After the opamp swap, it sounds amazing. In my case it made THAT big of a difference. Sade's Jezebel no longer had fuzzy vocals trying to compete with the saxophone. It sounds as good as it does in my car....(which says a LOT btw).

I'll have the measurements as requested in a prior post once I get the caps in and open it up again. I'll keep you guys posted.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LM4562NA --- Sound phenominal
OPA1612AIDR --- Same as above
ADA4627 --- Wouldn't work, realllly low and heavily distorted audio, gotta look into why
NE5532AP --- Slightly lower noise than the stock ones, none of the distortion.
I have received a pair of LM4562NA. Will try them tomorrow!

Sebbou

Thanks for the feedback and the follow up it's really apreciated from you guys. But now I just cant settle on what op amp to get. I thought of getting opa1656 what you guys think? And if I get an dip8 adapter since the opa1656 is soc8. How do i know what pin goes where? And one last question.. I checked on specsheet on mouser but I cant understand the difference between the "opa1656id" and "opa1656idr"

Top Bottom