• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

pgmech

After read this thread I cant find if any one succced to totaly bypass DSP to use only poweramp part od board to get better performance. Is it imposible on current board design or performance will not be better?

pgmech

You would have to modify the PCB, but if that's all you want you may as well get an A07
I also have Aiyima A07 with 32V power supply, both with LM4562. 3eaudio has lets say fuller sound signature but Aiyima sound has a little bit better resolution. Theoreticaly option is to get better power supply for A07 but i'm afraid it doesnet change sound signature and only allow play louder. Other option is to give a chance for 3eaudio but I would like to do it without demage PCB. Mayby important are loudspekeres - Elac Debut B5.2.

r-36m2

After read this thread I cant find if any one succced to totaly bypass DSP to use only poweramp part od board to get better performance. Is it imposible on current board design or performance will not be better?
I think it's useless.
The installation is too small. The sizes of SMD 0805 and 0603 are inconvenient for soldering.
I have done a lot and wanted to add PFFB. But the circuit of the opamps is not quite suitable for this. Soldering parts and cutting tracks is inconvenient and scary.
To bypass the DSP, we need to assemble a circuit from an unbalanced inclusion into a balanced one. To do this, we need another opa1632 operational amplifier.
Together with this, we will lose the volume control and Bluetooth connection.

In addition, bipolar power supply is desirable for all operational amplifiers. This requires another power source.
In addition, it would be good to replace the output chokes and capacitors (Wurth and MKP)
In addition, it would be good to change values of the NE5532 feedback parts and add feedback for the TPA3250.
In addition, it would be good to put OPA1656 instead of NE5532 (I put MC33272 - an excellent result!)

Therefore, I will also replace the output capacitors with Panasonic ECWF and, perhaps, leave it alone.

I think the performance without the DSP will be higher, but it will be easier to assemble a new amplifier.

By the way, dear developer, are you planning to sell ready-made boards with TPA3255 with PFFB and bipolar amplifier power supply?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 21.29.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 21.29.53.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 65
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 21.29.54 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 21.29.54 (1).jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 67
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 21.29.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-28 at 21.29.54.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

3eaudio

Audio Company
I think it's useless.
The installation is too small. The sizes of SMD 0805 and 0603 are inconvenient for soldering.
I have done a lot and wanted to add PFFB. But the circuit of the opamps is not quite suitable for this. Soldering parts and cutting tracks is inconvenient and scary.
To bypass the DSP, we need to assemble a circuit from an unbalanced inclusion into a balanced one. To do this, we need another opa1632 operational amplifier.
Together with this, we will lose the volume control and Bluetooth connection.

In addition, bipolar power supply is desirable for all operational amplifiers. This requires another power source.
In addition, it would be good to replace the output chokes and capacitors (Wurth and MKP)
In addition, it would be good to change values of the NE5532 feedback parts and add feedback for the TPA3250.
In addition, it would be good to put OPA1656 instead of NE5532 (I put MC33272 - an excellent result!)

Therefore, I will also replace the output capacitors with Panasonic ECWF and, perhaps, leave it alone.

I think the performance without the DSP will be higher, but it will be easier to assemble a new amplifier.

By the way, dear developer, are you planning to sell ready-made boards with TPA3255 with PFFB and bipolar amplifier power supply?
see this

Jos

After almost 2 yrs my Amp SY-DAP2002 Rev1.1 is not working anymore. The LEDs around the volume knob are constantly blinking and the amp is not producing any sound anymore. After mailing 3e-audio I received the feedback that the Power Circuit is probably dead and it is very difficult to repair..... so they suggest to give it up.......WTF!
Any ideas to get it running again? I can do some basic measurements and can also replace parts when required.

AfterThought

Hey, at least you got a reply, I killed mine with RF while transmitting and it doesn't turn on at all. Sent them a message, never heard back.

AfterThought

An old FT-1000mp that someone modified for eSSB, and being that it's pushing nearly 200w (it's a 100w transceiver)...I'm assuming some other "mods" were done, I was testing it to start aligning it...and WHAMO!....took out my DAP2002.

Toku

Major Contributor
Hey, at least you got a reply, I killed mine with RF while transmitting and it doesn't turn on at all. Sent them a message, never heard back.
An old FT-1000mp that someone modified for eSSB, and being that it's pushing nearly 200w (it's a 100w transceiver)...I'm assuming some other "mods" were done, I was testing it to start aligning it...and WHAMO!....took out my DAP2002.
I also used 3e audio's DAP2002, so I am familiar with the product's contents. We have been operating HAM Radio continuously for over 50 years and are providing technical guidance in Japan. I am particularly an expert in RFI and EMI failures.

Did you connect Dummy Load when testing Yaesu FT1000MP? Or were you connecting an actual antenna?

What was the frequency band of the radio waves being emitted at that time? 14MHz? 18MHz? 21MHz? 24MHz? 28MHz? 50MHz? In these frequency bands, high frequencies easily enter electronic circuits and cause RFI and EMI.

At that time, were the input cables and speakers connected to 3e audio's DAP2002, and was the power turned on? Was music playing at the time?

My guess is that, based on the symptoms, the high-level RF signal emitted from the FT-1000mp entered the DAP2002 power supply unit or the amplifier itself, causing the circuit to malfunction and destroying some circuit.

To find out whether the fault is in the power supply or the amplifier, open the case and first check to see if the DC output voltage of the power supply unit is coming out normally.

If the power supply is normal, check the amplifier circuit step by step. Are any of the status display LED lamps on the amplifier unit board lit?

I think that in the current situation there is no response even if you press the power switch of DAP2002.

Chinese audio products, including the DAP2002, do not take high-frequency interference into consideration, and it is easy to imagine that various problems will occur if high-level high-frequency waves are emitted nearby like you.

Last edited:

AfterThought

I also used 3e audio's DAP2002, so I am familiar with the product's contents. We have been operating HAM Radio continuously for over 50 years and are providing technical guidance in Japan. I am particularly an expert in RFI and EMI failures.

Did you connect Dummy Load when testing Yaesu FT1000MP? Or were you connecting an actual antenna?

What was the frequency band of the radio waves being emitted at that time? 14MHz? 18MHz? 21MHz? 24MHz? 28MHz? 50MHz? In these frequency bands, high frequencies easily enter electronic circuits and cause RFI and EMI.

At that time, were the input cables and speakers connected to 3e audio's DAP2002, and was the power turned on? Was music playing at the time?

My guess is that, based on the symptoms, the high-level RF signal emitted from the FT-1000mp entered the DAP2002 power supply unit or the amplifier itself, causing the circuit to malfunction and destroying some circuit.

To find out whether the fault is in the power supply or the amplifier, open the case and first check to see if the DC output voltage of the power supply unit is coming out normally.

If the power supply is normal, check the amplifier circuit step by step. Are any of the status display LED lamps on the amplifier unit board lit?

I think that in the current situation there is no response even if you press the power switch of DAP2002.

Chinese audio products, including the DAP2002, do not take high-frequency interference into consideration, and it is easy to imagine that various problems will occur if high-level high-frequency waves are emitted nearby like you.
Hi Toku, thank you for the guidance and input. At the time I was operating FT8 on 40m (7.074). I only realized what was happening when I heard the signal coming through my Edifier R1280t speakers in my office....a completely different room than where I was, haha. Those are always on and are used for my music computer.

The DAP2002 was in yet another room and I didn't think to check it until night time when I usually unwind and have a cigar, I went to turn it on, and nothing.

The power circuit is relatively simple, I'll start looking at it today as I have time since it's the weekend, and see what I can figure out.

Thanks again! 73, N9RLI

Top Bottom