• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAP2002 Review (DSP Amplifier)

Guerilla

any codecs are about the particular BT module in use +/-$2, unfortunately, all of these codecs are lossy-compressed, and "HD" just a nickname without connection to reality.
respice finem was 100% right, the most challenging thing is a high power density design with minimal EMI disturbances from SMPS to class D and to the frontend etc. One BT module to another one I think can change my 8 years old son ;)
I believe the (yes lossy) HD formats has been confirmed to sound better than old SBC? standard. I dont know if there is audiably difference between "HD" and non-lossy HD. Aptx HD is already more than 4 years old. LDAC and a newer one are licence-free as far as I remember. Not sure
Cheers!

buz

Forum Donor
I have my dusty HiFiTOY proto PCBA 120x93mm. For the moment almost abandoned project but if I'll get the app.info for the Qualcomm PWM modulator I can wake it up and finalize.
https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/hifitoy

That looks very interesting especially the bit about DSP, any chance we can get a decent headphone amp with DSP while we are at it?

Edit: overlooked the PowerDAC v2, that might be close to what I am looking for.

As for the bluetooth codecs, LDAC and aptx-HD are quite acceptable (SBC very much is not).

Last edited:

respice finem

Major Contributor
This thing does not have a brick psu , that would be easier for them just buy an approved psu ?
I never said they shouldn't. Yet, for what it is now and for its end user, it's still a bit safer to have a cr@ppy brick embodied in plastic than its ingredients in a metal housing. I'm seeing it this way because I grew up in an "AC only hurts when you can smell it" era, Poland in the 70s to 90s, if I told you what was "normal" then you wouldn't believe... :eek:

Last edited:

Guerilla

any codecs are about the particular BT module in use +/-$2, unfortunately, all of these codecs are lossy-compressed, and "HD" just a nickname without connection to reality.
respice finem was 100% right, the most challenging thing is a high power density design with minimal EMI disturbances from SMPS to class D and to the frontend etc. One BT module to another one I think can change my 8 years old son ;)
Put chip w HD codec in your wondermashines and eat the loss. Otherwise your stuff looks awesome

Reactions: buz

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Amplification is provided using the ST Micro TPA3255 chip.

AFAIK, TI is still the sole source for the TPA3255. Other, older TI-originated parts -- e.g. the classic NE5532 op-amp -- are available from other manufacturers, but the TPA3255 has only been around for about 5-6 years and (again, AFAIK) remains a TI exclusive.

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Something I just noticed: The 5W dashboard for op-amp replacement case is 5V rms instead of W. So actual power is 6.25W for the test instead. Actual SINAD performance is likely 1dB worse.

1613092413021.png

1613092445667.png

/hairsplit

3eaudio

Audio Company
here are final data from us test with 8ohm.
  • SINAD-5W-8R-DAP1002
SINAD-5W-8R-DAP1002.JPG

• SINAD-5W-8R-DAP2002
SINAD-5W-8R-DAP2002.JPG

• THD+N Ratio vs Output Power
THD+N Ratio vs Measured Level-2.jpg

3eaudio

Audio Company
yes,capacitor modified with NE5532 opamp.

KTN46

yes,capacitor modified with NE5532 opamp.

I wonder what the measurements would look like with the capacitor mod + the opamp Amir used. I have OPA1612 in my own unit.

Do you know if it's possible to change the volume control to a logarithmic one, and how I would to so to the amp?

Top Bottom