• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Hello A16 owners...

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to a new passion project that I have developed specifically for owners of the Smyth Realiser A16.

The website is https://3dsoundshop.com/ and was launched on 08/16/21

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 7.09.53 AM.png

Some Details...

Universal PRIRs...

Through the website... 3Dsoundshop is offering custom "Universal" PRIRs to existing owners of the Smyth Realiser A16. These PRIRs have been produced in a sound-controlled recording studio with the enhancement of room correction and bass management software. These PRIRs are available for purchase and download via the website.

The listening rooms (Both 9.1.6 and 15.1.8) available for purchase are made up of the following speaker brands.

• Dutch and Dutch - Delayed
  • Genelec
  • Bowers and Wilkins
  • Focal
  • Buchardt
  • JBL
  • KEF
  • Paradigm
  • Kali
  • Klipsch

** "Universal" PRIRs are for the A16 owner who does not have access to loudspeakers, space or time to take their own measurements, or access to a recording studio for "In-Person" PRIRs, etc.

In-Person PRIRs...

For those looking for the best possible sound experience from their A16... "In-person", recording studio PRIRs will also be made available (by appointment only) for purchase through the website. (The recording studio is conveniently located just 20 minutes from the Newark airport in New Jersey.)

* That being said... the speaker brands in the list above may not necessarily be the same speakers used for "In-person" PRIR measurements. These details are still being worked out.

For Certain...
  • "Universal" and "In-Person" Dolby Atmos PRIRs are available in at least 16 channels (9.1.6).
  • The studio size does allow for a complete Dolby Atmos experience... without compromising on any of the speaker location specs that Dolby requires.
  • The recording studio is perfect for near-field captures. The goal was to use a space just large enough to achieve a multi-channel, single listener experience... and just small enough (with the help of room correction) to eliminate the sound of the room.
  • If preferred... "In-Person" Dolby Atmos PRIRs can be done with (most) customer-owned (bookshelf sized) speakers.
  • "In-Person" PRIRs will only be done on weekends, and by appointment only.

Website Content...
  • Easy and intuitive navigation.
  • FAQ - Most commonly asked questions.
  • Listening Room Details: Speaker brands and models used as well as detailed speaker specifications.
  • Online Dolby Atmos Demos: Both 16 Channel (9.1.6) and 24 Channel (15.1.8) Dolby Atmos Demos.
  • Frequency Response Charts for each of the channels in the Listening Room.
  • Instant and Seamless Audio Demos - Instantly and seamlessly compare the sound signatures and characteristics of each of the available speaker brands.
  • Reviews - Real customer reviews about my products as well as their experiences and support.
  • Shop - All of my available products for the Smyth Realiser A16
  • Contact Us. The quickest way to get in touch with me.

Updates To Come...
It's going to be exciting!

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Some Behind The Scenes Photos...

Paradigm
20210606_110734.jpeg

Klipsch
20210606_114405.jpeg

KEF
20210606_120514.jpeg

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
More...

20210606_130647.jpeg

Bowers & Wilkins
20210613_213220.jpeg

JBL
20210613_214746.jpeg

Kali
20210614_075009.jpeg

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
More...

Focal
20210628_003956.jpeg

Genelec
20210628_010259.jpeg

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
The look of the recording studio during daily use...
1629586946314_C_Room.jpeg

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Unfortunately, the room correction software used does not allow the end-user to see such data.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For everyone who owns a Realiser this looks like an answered prayer. The A16 is a remarkable tool for emulating quality speakers playing in a room, but until now there has been no practical way to capture these speakers for anyone buying an A16.

3D Sound Shop is offering two ways around that problem--universal Prirs and in person Prirs.

It looks to me like he's doing these measurements with a great deal of precision in a superior room (a studio), using some of the best speakers discussed on this site (Genelec 8351, D & D 8C, LS 50 Metas, Buchardt A500s).

I own a Realiser, and I've already done two sets of multichannel Prirs, a 16 channel for my LS 50s, and a 23 channel for my LS50 Metas. I can tell you, it's quite a project. Getting angles measured out and correct, setting up the head tracking, not stepping the cords--it's quite and undertaking, so anyone offering either pre done PRIRs and/or bespoke in person PRIRs will be adding a tremendous value to the process.

If you've got the hardware, looks like 3D Sound Shop has the software.

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Hello my friends...

I am very excited to announce several significant updates to the 3D Sound Shop website.

• Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale. With coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY... save up to 60% on individual and PRIR Paks.
  • Introduction of a new Premium 24 Channel Universal PRIR. It will include two PRIR formats. These formats were created with both the movie and music lover in mind.
  • I have spent hundreds of hours creating a new and personalized online experience.
  • New online demos for HD800 owners as well as all other headphone brands and types
  • Introduction of a customized Dolby Atmos channel localization test.
  • Official announcement and pricing information for In-Person PRIR sessions
  • Website updates and sale pricing will begin on Nov 26th at midnight EST.
Thank you all for your support and tremendous feedback.

It's going to be exciting!
www.3DSoundShop.com
Happy Listening
John

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a review of 3D Sound Shop. I'm putting this out on Black Friday to coincide with John's release of the Dutch & Dutch 8C Prir today. I had the pleasure of being in the New Jersey studio on October 10th with John and the D&D's when John took the measurements for this PRIR and had the benefit of having an in person measurement of these remarkable speakers which I've been able to enjoy for the last six weeks.

I'll cut right to the chase. It sounds absolutely incredible. The D&D's are a state of the art speaker and the studio has a world class room for taking its measure. John made a bespoke, in person PRIR for me which includes every ATMOS speaker in the current A16 profile. It's easily the best sounding system I have in house, and I own LS50 Meta's with SB2000 sub and OG LS 50's as my surrounds. This D&D PRIR sounds much better than my home speaker system which is driven by Octo and Purifi electronics with Dirac Live room correction. Yes, the D&D PRIR is better. than actual high end speakers playing in my home. Likewise it sounds better than the 23 channel in person PRIR I made of my LS 50 Meta's.

The D&D's are just superior speakers, and John's professionalism in making these measurements is better than anyone can duplicate at home. I've personally made two PRIRs myself, and the quality of the PRIRs went no higher than the mid 60's on SNR. Chalk that up to my noisy environment. By contrast when John did the measurements in the 3D Sound Shop, the SNR was far better. When I went in the studio where we took the measurements, it seemed quieter than a church, and that made quite a difference. I believe that's why SNRs of those PRIRs were all in the high 90's.

The difference is clearly audible. The 3D SS D&D PRIR has a noticeably lower noise floor than my 23 channel Meta. And thanks to the cardioid bass on the D&D's the lows are much more articulate and defined than my Meta+SB2000 setup (which is no slouch, btw). The dimensionality of the D&D's also shine through on the PRIR. Lives up to the 3D moniker.

Some of the world's best speakers + a world class room + John's professionalism = one of the world's best (if not the best) sound reprodiction systems, and in 24 channels no less.

I made two presets of D & D listening rooms. I did a multichannel room (Atmos 13.1.10, DTS-X 7.1.4. PCM 9.1.6) and a 2.0 room for 2 channel audio. These have become my go to settings for Movie Watching, as well as for listening to streaming music. They have better dimensionality and clarity than the rooms I loaded off the common drive as well. I've downloaded more than 15 PRIRs from the Google drive, and very carefully done manLouds on them. After listening to each one, I suspect very few of them have been recorded with the care that John has employed. A very few did sound good, like the "MiCasa 7.1" which tells me that if a BRIR is very carefully recorded it can be quite good, but also not very good at all if great care is not observed in the process.

Which brings me back to John's business. For the longest time everyone has wondered when the Smyth's would open up the Realizer Exchange, and obviously it has not materialized to date. But guess what? John with the 3 D Sound Shop offerings has stepped into the gap. Having been in studio with him, and seeing how professional and methodical he was in capturing the D&D system convinces me that what he's putting out is the next best thing to an in person PRIR, and will create a very high quality product. Moreover, his menu includes some of the most coveted speakers in the world. I don't know what the Realizer Exchange if it went live tomorrow could do that's superior to his operation. 3D Sound Shop is the Realizer Exchange only better.

I know the D&D Universal PRIR will be a winner. What they do well (cardioid bass, superior sound staging, flat fr) will carry over even if it's not an in person PRIR, and anyone who buys it will have a future proof 24 channel PRIR that can be used to make whatever listening room the Smyth's make the Realizer capable of rendering.

And if you have an opportunity to get into studio with John to make an in person measurement, jump on it. You will have a great experience, you'll have a lot of fun, and you'll make a new friend. And you will come away with a PRIR which is capable of realizing the fullest capabilities of the Realizer.

In talking with John, I understand he will have other high quality speakers available for personal measurement, including the LS 50 Metas which will undoubtely make a superior 24 channel PRIR in a studio environment.

So whether it's an in person or a Universal Prir you purchase over the internet, 3D Sound Shop will help you get the most out of your Realizer investment.

Not to be missed.

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
What a great review! Thank you. I am so glad your are enjoying your Dutch and Dutch PRIR. It's going to be hard to beat.

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
I guess I can now make it official..

20211011_044459.jpg

Introducing... The Dutch and Dutch 8c 24 channel PRIR fir the Smyth Realiser A16.

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Hello my friends...

I am very excited to announce several significant updates to the 3DSoundShop website...

• Early Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale. With coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY... save up to 60% on individual and PRIR Paks.
  • Introduction of a new Premium 35 Channel Universal PRIR. It will include two PRIR formats. These formats were created with both movie and music lovers in mind... Now with optional added distance from the main listening position.
  • New PRIRs also include properly recorded Auro-3D channels!
  • I have spent hundreds of hours creating a new and personalized online experience.
  • New Online & Offline demos for HD800 owners as well as all other headphone brands and types
  • Sale pricing will begin on Nov 11th at midnight EST.
image (2).pngimage (3).png
Thank you all for your support and tremendous feedback.

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
If you have any follow-up questions... Please contact me via email... [email protected]

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Hello my friends...

ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT!!!

I am very excited to announce several significant updates to the 3DSoundShop website...
  • Early Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale. With coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY... save up to 60% on individual and PRIR Paks. Details below
  • Discounts Availiable:
  • PRIR Multi-Pak: Save an additional 15%
  • PRIR 3-Pak: Save an additional 15%
  • 5.1 / 7.1 Remapped Channels: Save 15%
  • Individual PRIRs: Save 15%
  • Omega Series PRIR Bundle: Save 25%... No coupon necessary.
  • Introduction of the Omega Series bundle... an all new Premium 35 Channel Universal PRIR. It will include two PRIR formats. These formats were created with both movie and music lovers in mind... Now with optional added distance from the main listening position.
  • New Online & Offline demos for HD800 owners as well as all other headphone brands and types
  • Sale pricing will end on Nov 29th at midnight EST.
image (2).pngimage (3).png

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Hello my friends...

ONLY ONE DAY LEFT!!!

• Early Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale. With coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY... save up to 60% on individual and PRIR Paks. Details below
  • Discounts Availiable:
  • PRIR Multi-Pak: Save an additional 15%
  • PRIR 3-Pak: Save an additional 15%
  • 5.1 / 7.1 Remapped Channels: Save 15%
  • Individual PRIRs: Save 15%
  • Omega Series PRIR Bundle: Save 25%... No coupon necessary.
  • Introduction of the Omega Series bundle... an all new Premium 35 Channel Universal PRIR. It will include two PRIR formats. These formats were created with both movie and music lovers in mind... Now with optional added distance from the main listening position.
  • Sale pricing will end on Nov 29th at midnight EST.
Thank you all for the tremendous support as well all the positive feedback I have been receiving... The response to the Omega Series has been overwhelming! I love this machine... and I am so grateful that I am able to share my endeavors with the Realiser community.

John

Is it possible to play these back (accurately) with anything but an A16? Is there no way to get headtracking working with Hesuvi?

OP
3DSoundShop

3DSoundShop

Audio Company
Sorry... All of my PRIRs are designed for and made with the a16.

Top Bottom