• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lsc

I understand that MKR has passed on the salon2 for now but if anyone is interested from AVSForums…looks like a great deal.

“This is to announce the “LAST DANCE” sale for the much awarded and coveted Revel Salon2 loudspeaker!
We are producing ONE last build of this amazing loudspeaker and after that no more will ever be built.
There will be 39 pairs in mahogany and 31 pairs in piano black.

These Salon2 are being produced now and will arrive in our warehouse during a 3-month period beginning this June and ending in August.
We are “pre-selling” these now. Due to the very limited quantities, we are expecting to sell out 100% before they even hit the warehouse.

This is a legendary speaker that has been awarded “Best of the Best at any price” more years than not since it was introduced.

Salon2 are $24,090/pair normal MSRP price. We are offering these last 70 pairs for a “Last Dance” price of $15,000 pair!

FWIW, there are a few Voice2 speakers available too.

Authorized dealer: Harman (Revel, JBL Synthesis, Arcam), Perlisten, KEF, ATI, Trinnov, AudioControl, StormAudio, Marantz, JVC, Sony, Stewart, Panamorph
www.thescreeningroomav.com
[email protected]

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I understand that MKR has passed on the salon2 for now but if anyone is interested from AVSForums…looks like a great deal.

“This is to announce the “LAST DANCE” sale for the much awarded and coveted Revel Salon2 loudspeaker!
We are producing ONE last build of this amazing loudspeaker and after that no more will ever be built.

These Salon2 are being produced now and will arrive in our warehouse during a 3-month period beginning this June and ending in August.
We are “pre-selling” these now. Due to the very limited quantities, we are expecting to sell out 100% before they even hit the warehouse.

This is a legendary speaker that has been awarded “Best of the Best at any price” more years than not since it was introduced.

Salon2 are $24,090/pair normal MSRP price. We are offering these last 70 pairs for a “Last Dance” price of $15,000 pair!

Authorized dealer: Harman (Revel, JBL Synthesis, Arcam), Perlisten, KEF, ATI, Trinnov, AudioControl, StormAudio, Marantz, JVC, Sony, Stewart, Panamorph
[email protected]
Wow, that's no brainer type of deal for those speakers.

Ciobi69

[email protected]
how are the salon 2? they have a wider horizontal dispersion like the modern revel?

symphara

[email protected]
Do you have a link for the source of that text? I'm interested but I'm in Europe.

Lsc

how are the salon 2? they have a wider horizontal dispersion like the modern revel?
Yes. They are known for their wide horizontal dispersion and zero diffraction due to the sculpted baffle.

The wide horizontal dispersion is one of the fundamental characteristics of Revel speakers.

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor

[email protected]
I haven’t read anything in this thread about MKR not proceeding on the Salon2 speakers. Just a lot of waffling about pulling the trigger though.

Lsc

I haven’t read anything in this thread about MKR not proceeding on the Salon2 speakers. Just a lot of waffling about pulling the trigger though.
He said he was not pulling the trigger and said he let the dealer know he was passing on the salons that he reserved. $15k is a pretty good clearance price for brand new salons though.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
He said he was not pulling the trigger and said he let the dealer know he was passing on the salons that he reserved. $15k is a pretty good clearance price for brand new salons though.
This is correct. Primary reason is I auditioned other speakers that gave the Salons a run for their money in some (not all) aspects so I pushed the pause button. Will be heading to AXPONA next week for additional listening opportunities :)

But I do concur, $15k is a screaming deal for Salons. If anyone ever wanted a shiny new pair of these outstanding loudspeakers, don’t hesitate! Not to mention that particular dealer is outstanding and will treat you well.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
I meant that Salon 2 is very discounted, and you like it a lot, but you're going to audition other speakers ;)
Ah, got it. Actually no confusion and zero regrets with my decision (maybe better to say, no FOMO whatsoever). I have not reported it here, but I have been doing a lot of “detective” work past weeks and as good as the Salon is, let’s just say there is always something better … more to come;)

BUT, that is a great price for the Salons, no doubt about it

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
Definitely some waffling on my part, you are right about that! :)

Adi777

@MKR Have you considered PBN Audio? For me PBN and also Lenard Audio looks like wet dream :cool:

Reactions: MKR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom