• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

24 bit audio

OP
D

Dellboy

Hi Guys,
I felt that I should write a conclusion to my post. Who knows, it may help someone with a similar problem. I was unsure if the problem of no 24/192 was the computer, the usb connection to the dac or the dac itself. I then had the bright idea of disconnecting the dac and just using the onboard sound card. Sure enough the 24 bit options appeared! Then accepting 'Voodooless' post that 24 bit was only available on digital inputs. I took the plunge on Amazon and ordered next day delivery on a Douk Audio U2 USB to digital converter for £50. I am pleased to say that I now have the 24 bit options with my Dac. I have to say that this Zero dac is an incredible piece of kit. That is why I wanted to stick with it. The diffence it has made is a fantastic sound stage and more definition.
Thank you for all your help guys, we got there in the end!

ghunty

will I get 24/196 from my 6 year old Dell computer's USB A to USB C in SMSL DO100 dac ?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
will I get 24/196 from my 6 year old Dell computer's USB A to USB C in SMSL DO100 dac ?
The age of your computer is of little consequence. We’ve had high-res capable USB interfaces for at least 15 years. It should do just fine.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Dude! I think I found the problem.
screenshot-www.audiosciencereview.com-2022.07.21-12_29_24.png
\
1lwg4w.jpg

ghunty

The age of your computer is of little consequence. We’ve had high-res capable USB interfaces for at least 15 years. It should do just fine.
For some reason when I play an UHD 24/192 , it only shows on my DAC ...48 .I can not understand why it does not show 24 /192 or even 96

staticV3

Master Contributor
For some reason when I play an UHD 24/192 , it only shows on my DAC ...48 .I can not understand why it does not show 24 /192 or even 96
You need to use the ASIO or Wasapi Exclusive API to play music. If you use Wasapi Shared or Direct Sound, then everything will be resampled to the sample rate selected in the Sound Control Panel:
Screenshot 2022-07-22 203315.png

ghunty

You need to use the ASIO or Wasapi Exclusive API to play music. If you use Wasapi Shared or Direct Sound, then everything will be resampled to the sample rate selected in the Sound Control Panel:
View attachment 219787
I do believe you are correct . I was told w/o the program you mention it would only spit out 16/44 on computer . Thank you Static

Top Bottom