• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 - Your favorite releases

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
This is actually an extended play, I also suggest the video recorded live at the Joshua Tree National Monument ic California, truly remarkable (you can find it on YouTube)

View attachment 242702

that reminded me of how much i miss Homme's The desert sessions (last release was from '19, i think)

DanielT

Major Contributor
"The Tipping Point is the seventh studio album by the English pop rock band Tears for Fears, released on 25 February 2022 through Concord Records.[5] It is the band's first studio album since Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, released almost 18 years prior."

A song from that album::)

Edit:
Great tips in this thread! Superb, I must say. Now I'm going to fix my playlists.:)

Last edited:
OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Artist: Too Many Zooz
Album: Pecking Order

Karu

Forum Donor
This was fresh.
Artist: Suzi Analogue
Album: Infinite Zonez

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Very much enjoyed this album too.

Artsfols

I'm into roots/folk/ acoustic and good old rock and roll and a lot of classical.

Here are the new(er) albums I've been listening to this year -

Long Time Coming - Sierra Ferrell
Crooked Tree - Molly Tuttle
The Fray - John Smith
The Golden Renaissance: Josquin de Prez - Stile Antico
Wilds - Andy Shauf
Blue Weekend - Wolf Alice
Californian Soil - London Grammar
King of this Town - Blackie and the Rodeo Kings
Long Lost - Lord Huron
How to Let Go - Sigrid
Lots of piano stuff - Daniil Trifonov
Just Like Leaving - Bella White
Extralife - Darlingside (Okay, it's 2018, but I like this band so much).

I've begun work on our year end performance video playlist. This will be our 10th annual list. If you'd like to see last year's, here it is:

I track 250 artists that I like. These seed a youtube script which pulls out 25 videos per artist made in the last year. So that's about 7000 videos, just for 2022.
After a review of those, I go through 50 or so music services like KEXP, Mahogany and review their new entries.
From that process I release a list of 250 or so decent videos.
I pick about 75 of the very best, and then a panel of 4 people votes to come up with a ranked list.
I then watch that list throughout the following year, and before COVID we'd have friends and relatives in to watch as well.
Why do this? Pure fun, no other reason. The people I know always enjoy the result.

Last edited:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hans Rott: Symphony No. 1 in e-major, Bamberger Syphoniker, Jakub Hrusa, Deutsche Grammophon, Oktober 14th 2022.

I listened to excerpts in the radio where this new recording was presented and had to buy it (and just listening to it).
People loving Gustav Mahler should have a listen - and realize, that this symphony was written years before Mahler's 1st, so guess who inspired whom. Sadly Mr. Rott died at 25.

Last edited:

Ashimaru

- Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation
- James LaBrie - Beautiful Shade of Grey
- Amon Amarth - The Great Heathen Army
- Megadeth - The Sick, the Dying... and the Dead!
- Ibaraki - Rashomon

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's a broad church in here :) which is a good thing! Lots for me to work through.
I thought this was beautiful - young Scottish pianist:

Andretti60

38032CC9-37EF-477F-8BD4-C07BA7FDAB39.jpeg

Being a big fan of this band since they started, this is a very interesting album spanning a variety of jazz stiles

Top Bottom