• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 - Your favorite releases

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As 2022 comes to a close I thought it would be good fun for us all to share with each other our favorite music released in 2022. No limits, just must be released (or re-released) in 2022.

Update: I've started a Tidal playlist with everyone's contributions here if you want to take a listen to the community's favorites. https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/ba36aa12-0e35-4f98-81ea-789f4ec98b2e

I'll start:
Artis: Big Thief
Album: Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Artist: Beyonce
Album: Renaissance
(It's Beyonce's world and we're all just living in it)

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Artist: Spoon
Album: Lucifer on the Sofa

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Artist: The Mysterines
Album: Reeling

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Artist: Mega
Album: Colour your World
Dynamic range: unknown

Edit: Listening to the second song, I know this is going to be my favourite pop album of 2022. It sounds pretty clean, though there is much going on at the same level; my best guess is that it's reasonably dynamic for a pop cd (10?)

Edit2: it sounds really loud, which is usually a good indication of mastering up to or over the clipping point.

Last edited:

polmuaddib

Forum Donor
runner-ensemble-orchestra.jpg

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Artist: Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard
Album: A Passionate Life

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Artist: Teddy Swims
Album: tough Love

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Jeff Tweedy (of Wilco) recently produced Alpenglow, the latest Trampled by Turtles album that was just released in October. The album is absolutely fantastic, especially if this style of music is something you like (folk/americana). This particular song on the album was written by Jeff Tweedy for Wilco's Cruel Country album, and it's brilliant (I absolutely love the line "It takes a lifetime to find a life like the life you had in mind").

Top Bottom