• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 World Cup - Qatar

oceansize

Forum Donor
An excellent win by Nederland against Qatar... nice to see that 2nd goal just to drive the win home.

Now... Australia - Denmark, looks like Australia will go through anyway, but a win would be great. :)

JSmith
If Denmark win, Australia are out so your boys do need to turn up for the game.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
If Denmark win, Australia are out so your boys do need to turn up for the game.
Well I was trying to be optimistic mate... sitting here watching live on the edge of my seat. It's an intense match... go Aussies. :cool:

JSmith

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Australia wins 1-0! Tunisia also wins after France has a goal denied by VAR in the dying moments. Australia and France proceed. :D

I won't be getting much sleep...

JSmith

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
What a night.
Absolutely, Japan is doing really well. Germany out... oh dear, this will be a national shame! :D

These are the next 2 important games... for me;

1669962629054.png

Go Australia... kom op Nederland! :cool:

JSmith

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Ghana - Uruguay today. Should be interesting as well. :)

Luis Suarez Handball Against Ghana | South Africa 2010 | FIFA World Cup

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
If you can isolate Messi for 90 - worst case 120 - minutes you do have a chance.
Watched the Belgium - Croatia match yesterday and Belgium for most of the match playing the ball in pretty triangles. It seems to be the current obsession along with passing back to the goalkeeper from anywhere on the pitch. It’s more prevalent with European sides and we are seeing the results, with so many non European sides qualifying for the last 16. Keeping possession at all costs losing attacking impetus. As a commentator on TV observed yesterday De Bruyne had not touched the ball for more than 15 minutes, perhaps the best midfielder in the World yet his team mates were too busy playing pretty patterns. A game Belgium needed to win!

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Interesting. Poland seems to have trouble reaching their world class striker Lewandowski too.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Sigh. Sad to see Germany and Belgium go home early, but kudos to Japan who showed the world how to play with passion, which the aforementioned lacked.

Kuba

Poland has no business being here let alone on this stage. And I'm saying that as polish. As dutch commentator observed it would be phenomenal squad had it been able to find 9 decent players between Lewy and Szczęsny.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Absolutely, Japan is doing really well. Germany out... oh dear, this will be a national shame! :D
I guess it wasn’t as they went out in 2018 too…

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
I guess it wasn’t as they went out in 2018 too…
Sure, but I believe that was the first time ever Germany was out in the group stage... and now the second in a row.

Sth Korea scrapes through on GD and Uruguay misses out... dramatic scenes!

JSmith

JasonWells

I'm amazed how most of the traditionally strong teams are either out already, or are showing pretty average performances.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm amazed how most of the traditionally strong teams are either out already, or are showing pretty average performances.
Yes, but it's made it more interesting. Suspect that the remaining 'top' teams will improve their performances now we're into the knockout stages. So far I fancy France to win it.

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Idk how my country managed to advance just hoping France won't destroy us 10-0 or something like that tomorrow

Top Bottom