• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 World Cup - Qatar

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
It has been a pretty epic WC with plenty of action and unexpected results.

Great to see France claw back the game to 3 - 3 and congrats to Argentina for the win.

im-688046

6efc388fcfae7866dd2ad8be1e54fc5d.jpg

JSmith

Mal

...several more years of non achievement beckon
Take up a new hobby, like fixing your audio. OK, that's sixty years of pain as well... so keep watching England... spread the pain...

Wallow in it:

Can you get Harry Kane to take penalties as coolly and consistently as Kylian Mbappé? How do you equalise Wharfedale Diamond 9.0s to sound as good as KEF LSXs?

"To dream the impossible dream..."

Reactions: TSB

Mal

I think Simon Jordan comment's on that spot kick are spot on! Kane bottled it... Can he be fixed?

"Matt Le Tissier is known among soccer historians as the best ever in terms of penalties in world football history. The reason being his ridiculous penalty conversion percentage.
During his 16 years at English Premier League side Southhampton, Le Tissier missed just one of his 49 penalty attempts..."

Kane has scored 58 of 69 penalties in his career.

Come on England football bosses - start fixing things like the cycling bosses fixed the cycling team, start using sports science to produce incremental changes! For instance, analyse Kane's performance of all 69 penalties he has taken. Seek feedback from real experts (e.g., find out why Matt missed only once.) Install a le Tiss module into Kane's software...

bkdc

Forum Donor
England would have been the dominant team (and dare I say favorites to win) if Erling Haaland would consider playing for England (born in Leeds, but born to Norwegian parents and plays for Norway, refusing to play for England). He is the best striker in the world, and thus arguably the best player. Mbappe v Haaland may be the new Messi v Ronaldo in the coming decade. But given Haaland’s crazy productivity in the Premier League this season, I have a suspicion that Haaland will continue to get better, and that it will become clear to everyone how much Haaland is better in almost every way than Mbappe. Haaland is next-worldly as his amazing dexterity despite his incredible physical strength and size which allows him to outpower defenders.

What a fantastic final. I hope Harry Kane’s legacy isn’t marred by the semi-final miss… but I know it will be. I also don’t want to see Harry Kane transferred and on the pitch without Son Heung Min.

Last edited:

poxymoron

England would have been the dominant team (and dare I say favorites to win) if Erling Haaland would consider playing for England (born in Leeds, but born to Norwegian parents and plays for Norway, refusing to play for England). He is the best striker in the world, and thus arguably the best player. Mbappe v Haaland may be the new Messi v Ronaldo in the coming decade. But given Haaland’s crazy productivity in the Premier League this season, I have a suspicion that Haaland will continue to get better, and that it will become clear to everyone how much Haaland is better in almost every way than Mbappe. Haaland is next-worldly as his amazing dexterity despite his incredible physical strength and size which allows him to outpower defenders.

What a fantastic final. I hope Harry Kane’s legacy isn’t marred by the semi-final miss… but I know it will be. I also don’t want to see Harry Kane transferred and on the pitch without Son Heung Min.
England could have been favourites with a better manager.

Top Bottom