• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 Parts Express [Speaker Design Competition] - Under $300 Category

DanielT

Major Contributor

Thought that category could get its own thread. Over $300 see:

In any case. An example in video. Whatever they sound like, hats off to creative design. But according to the Nick Santorineos the designer, DIY, they sound better than you might think. About 100 hours of work just sewing the trousers. Just one such thing in context is impressive devotion.:)

Screenshot_2022-09-20_095428.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-20_100029.jpg

Last edited:

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Those are awesome! Can you imagine how many kids would want to buy those? And how many replacement drivers you could sell?

Plastic copies on aliexpress in 3... 2....

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Those are awesome! Can you imagine how many kids would want to buy those? And how many replacement drivers you could sell?

Plastic copies on aliexpress in 3... 2....
That would be such a cool present for when my boy turns 8 in April!

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
That would be such a cool present for when my boy turns 8 in April!
8 years you say. A bit OT, but a tip. A father and son project together::)

An example, but it's Lego so only the imagination sets the limits. Build whatever type you want.:)

Edit:
A little bigger speaker box and a pair of these, which cost around $20. Might even sound perfectly fine, or ok. They are modern classics, the tc9:

"Taking in account the high technical performance and very low cost, TC9FD18-08, in my opinion, is just incredible speaker!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom