• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2021 Is almost done with. SO AMP review with a TWIST

OP
iMickey503

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Is that your real pic @iMickey503 ? I grew up with Italians in my old neighborhood and you look very Italian. I'm Canadian with scotch ancestry but I used to speak a bit of Italian. I've lost all that linguistic ability over the years by not using it. I miss the food. Italian is some of the best food going I think. :D That was a very cool thing to do with your New Year's Giveaway. :D
Not really sure. You see.. My mom was sort of... "Popular" if you ever heard that song from Nada Surf.
Family is from a British Island. So its a story. I Understand another language. But I barely speak it.
Trying to Learn Swedish.
I MAKE THE BEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE ! And Creme brulee.
Trained as a Legit Chefe. And I do Ice carvings on special occasions. But its been years.

I got to head out and take my Boy to lunch. I'll check the PM's and Messages when I get there after we order.

If you want one? Just tell me how to ship to Canada from Amazon. Can't be as bad as getting something to the Netherlands!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not really sure. You see.. My mom was sort of... "Popular" if you ever heard that song from Nada Surf.
Family is from a British Island. So its a story. I Understand another language. But I barely speak it.
Trying to Learn Swedish.
I MAKE THE BEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE ! And Creme brulee.
Trained as a Legit Chefe. And I do Ice carvings on special occasions. But its been years.

I got to head out and take my Boy to lunch. I'll check the PM's and Messages when I get there after we order.

If you want one? Just tell me how to ship to Canada from Amazon. Can't be as bad as getting something to the Netherlands!
Being a chef is a great set of skills to have for sure. It's universal and the chef almost never gets dissed from what I know.
I have a healthy respect for chefs. I was firmly taught to respect those that are cooking for me.
Thank you very much for the offer of a gratis amplifier although I have no use for it. I'm all set-up for stuff that I need presently. :D

OP
iMickey503

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Mickey, from all of us, Thank You Sir. You are a gentleman. PM sent as requested.
1641077475754.png

DONE!

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
It's probably powered by a TPA3116D2, there are plenty of such amps on Alibaba and eBay. I expect it to measure below average, given the price. The audio quality will probably be dependant on the power supply used (I'm referring to THD, mains hum and rectifying noise as well).

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It's probably powered by a TPA3116D2, there are plenty of such amps on Alibaba and eBay. I expect it to measure below average, given the price. The audio quality will probably be dependant on the power supply used (I'm referring to THD, mains hum and rectifying noise as well).
The photos show a chip amp labeled AP3050D which appears to be a locally sourced pin compatible alternative to the TPA3116D2. Similar boards sell with the H suffix denoting the 'imported' TI chip and the L suffix denoting the local one. It would be interesting to see whether it has similar performance, or whether it'll be like the UCA202/222 where the performance dropped when Behringer swapped the TI part for a pin compatible alternative.

OP
iMickey503

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Arrived. Soon as I find the right power brick and aux chord, I'll let you know my impressions.
Chip is the AP3050D- Volume is a continuous style, no beginning or end.
Let me know if you need a 24 volt supply. The one I got is just your basic Brick that plugs right in. Runs cool as a cucumber

Everyone should have got their amp in the mail except Amir. (amazon is still catching up to the holiday rush)
If any of you do not have power supplies? Please let me know. I can send them out as well.

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Let me know if you need a 24 volt supply. The one I got is just your basic Brick that plugs right in. Runs cool as a cucumber

Everyone should have got their amp in the mail except Amir. (amazon is still catching up to the holiday rush)
If any of you do not have power supplies? Please let me know. I can send them out as well.
Ya, i went through the ones I had, doesn't appear I have one that will work. So that's the only thing holding me up at the present time.

edit: forgot to ask. What were your impressions of this little unit.?

OP
iMickey503

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Ya, i went through the ones I had, doesn't appear I have one that will work. So that's the only thing holding me up at the present time.

edit: forgot to ask. What were your impressions of this little unit.?
I am easily impressed.
I don't think I have the skills nor the training/Discipline to give an objective analysis that would be much beyond what a Toyota buyer would report. As long as it works, I'm happy.

However... When pushed to the limit? It does sound harsher on top.
But as long as you stay one click away from max volume on the knob on the unit? I don't seem to notice anything wrong with the reproduction over Bluetooth at high volumes with the 24 volt supply.

Range over Bluetooth is good at about 30 feet remarkably. But I do have very little RF interference where it is. No dropouts, and clear sound overall to my ears at that range.

There is ONE recommendation Use a heat sink on the chip-set in warm climates. Even then, It does not seem to get hot. Even under a 3 ohm load.

I'll send a power supply today. It should be there on the 10th~ish Its not the same one I got, but the listing for some reason is no longer listed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom