• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2019 Puget Sound DIY Audio Show

TerryO

Hi All,

The 2019 Puget Sound DIY Show is being held on Saturday, August 10, 2019 starting at 10am on Mercer Island. This is a joint effort of the Pacific NorthWest Audio Society and the Sound DIY Club.

This is not a contest as such, but rather a "run what ya brung" meet, that is open to all interested parties that would like to display, view or listen to DIY Audio equipment. The event will be held at:

The Mercer Island Congregational Church
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

What you need to know is that the meet is scheduled for August 10th starting at 10am for the public, parking is free and there is no admission or entry fee. (If you have items to display, setup starts at 9:30am or so). We ask all interested parties that have gear they would like to show to let us know ASAP, in order to plan on how many tables, etc. we will need. If you bring bookshelf speakers, you may want to bring speaker stands from home. Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
Terry Olson
Event Co-Ordinator (FYI: The other "Ordinator" won't be there!)

Last edited:

Rene

Amir, would you be willing to bring your AP to the event?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amir, would you be willing to bring your AP to the event?
It is a lot of work to pull it out of the rack but yes, it can be done. What types of products do we expect to be there?

Rene

There will be amplifiers, peramps, phono preamps and probably some headphone amps. Maybe a dac or three also.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is a lot of work to pull it out of the rack but yes, it can be done. What types of products do we expect to be there?
Was there a plan to put your old one in the RV, or an I getting confused with a Thomas joke?

OP
T

TerryO

Just a hint as to what I may bring (no promises!) ...several preamps, a few amplifiers, a speaker or two and who knows what else. I'm also hearing about several other potential entries that include DACs and Music Servers (from exotic to economical).

OP
T

TerryO

I talked to several of the local DIY guys yesterday and they're bringing a fair amount of goodies to share with attendees and interested people. The problem with these events is that you can never be sure of how many people will be attending...

OP
T

TerryO

How many people typically attend?

Excellent question, with no definitive answer. In Seattle, the weather determines so many things and activities that even a rather sketchy answer is apt to be completely wrong. Just the same, this event is indoors and the parking lot is only 50-60 feet away. So, be brave and defy the odds by attending! It is a lot of fun.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Excellent question, with no definitive answer. In Seattle, the weather determines so many things and activities that even a rather sketchy answer is apt to be completely wrong. Just the same, this event is indoors and the parking lot is only 50-60 feet away. So, be brave and defy the odds by attending! It is a lot of fun.

Thanks!

Next question:

What do people do?

Is it a giant gear show-and-tell where people listen to each other's stuff?

Percheron

Oh man! I just found this thread, definitely going to try to be there, I live west of Gig Harbor so it’s not too far of a haul.

-Derek

Top Bottom