• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2019 CES Asia ---SMSL will bring new product there

bgtip

What happened to the volume control knob on SU-9? It's nowhere to be seen now.

Piotr

Here it is... SP400
116885788_717869945722453_1536017856375365116_o.jpg

Sak

For the third time it was renamed, and again another render photo:D

Sak

hope it will have more varying gain modes than SP200
Judging by this render, there are no switches on the front panel, maybe on the rear panel, or it will be digital ..

nj75f

The amplifier SP400 was said officially to release in June.
July is over, August is over. Still no release.
If you still working on it or can't release for reason x, just be honest and say so "release unknown".

As messaged personally, I find it impolite and disrespectful to not be honest with (potential) customers.
I'm still waiting in expectation for the product (Probably a lot do). I could buy other products (Topping A90 for example) weeks ago, but I'm still waiting!
Can assume this is an intentional delaying tactic: Promise in June - not releasing.
Promise in August - not releasing.
Promise in September - not releasing?

Sak

The amplifier SP400 was said officially to release in June.
July is over, August is over. Still no release.
If you still working on it or can't release for reason x, just be honest and say so "release unknown".

As messaged personally, I find it impolite and disrespectful to not be honest with (potential) customers.
I'm still waiting in expectation for the product (Probably a lot do). I could buy other products (Topping A90 for example) weeks ago, but I'm still waiting!
Can assume this is an intentional delaying tactic: Promise in June - not releasing.

I think people need to buy what they need at the moment.
Waiting and believing the promises of manufacturers, then buying products with shortcomings from the first batches, is not a good idea.

Veri

Master Contributor

You can assume this is a direct result of COVID. Surely you realise the world/economy is in a state of disarray?

youkeum

SMSL released new gears recently. I don’t think only the sp400 delays because of COVID.

Top Bottom