• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2019 CES Asia ---SMSL will bring new product there

1000ROUNDZ

The $799 MQA version was never offered at any discount.

Noticed that last night. Too bad. 5% discount is like 40$, a joke. If they actually tried and marked it down 20% for the first few units, I would bite.
Yeah I was holding off on D90 MQA hoping that the M400 would be comparable but at a cheaper price. But now, it's a toss up.

Sak

Tks

Major Contributor
Holy shit, 125db SINAD on the M400 lol..

What was it that people said here over a year ago, the theoretical limit being somewhere around here (like a physics hard-limit?)

Also isn't this brushing up against the AP's limits (meaning these devices can't be measured reliably?). Something about needing a 10db headroom from AP's loopback performance of itself is required in order to have confidence in the device being measured?

FireLion

What's with the angles? I don't get all these odd shaped devices.

LDKTA

FireLion

I’m assuming the M200 can also be used as a preamplifier? And I noticed the volume control on the M500 is from 0-40... Is it the same on the M200 model?

Looks neat maybe they could do a bundle package and include xlrs.

nj75f

@SMSL-Mandy
@SMSL_Liu

Good day,
if it is not too late to make changes to the smsl SP400 unit, I'd like to make some wish/suggestion:
Could the employee add some beefy power output to the amplifier, in the range of 8 - 10 watts at 32 ohms, for at least the xlr-output? (trs 6,5 mm is usually cheaped out, though understandable for price-/performance reasons).

The same about the power transformer or power supply: The employee want to add these with a bit more quality than usual in this price range?
The new Flux Lab Acoustics FCN-10 tested by soundnews and headfonia pointed out how this affects the lower frequencies - adds some quality bass, control, resolutio, perceived detail and transparency. I'm interested in such characteristics ;)
Such things have a cost. Personally I'd be fine with a $/€ ~500 price tag ;)
Thanks.

Veri

Master Contributor
@SMSL-Mandy
The new Flux Lab Acoustics FCN-10 tested by soundnews and headfonia pointed out how this affects the lower frequencies - adds some quality bass, control, resolution, perceived detail and transparency. I'm interested in such characteristics ;)
That is audiophile review fluff. Headfonia is not exactly reliable or trustworthy.. the exact opposite of this forum, even.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
The M200 is so ugly and the M400 so pretty :(

Toni71

@SMSL-Mandy
@SMSL_Liu

Today, i received the SMSL M200. Unfortunateley, there is no (Xmos) driver on the webiste or in the package.
There isnt much to configure in the audio settings now.
All there is: 32 bit / 16-384kbps. 16 bit and 24 bit is missing etc..

Playback is also not good with some of these settings. I think i need a right driver.

LDKTA

@SMSL-Mandy
@SMSL_Liu

Today, i received the SMSL M200. Unfortunateley, there is no (Xmos) driver on the webiste or in the package.
There isnt much to configure in the audio settings now.
All there is: 32 bit / 16-384kbps. 16 bit and 24 bit is missing etc..

Playback is also not good with some of these settings. I think i need a right driver.

That is quite disappointing to hear... Hopefully they get it figured out. I ordered one a few days ago.

Toni71

Therefore I posted it here. There were some problems with the M100 driver, I have read that in some reviews on the net. Although incorrect installation can also happen on the owner's side.

I am not an expert in this, but build and maintenance computers privately. Installing an Xmos driver is no problem. Lets hope I just miss a driver.

Optical is working just fine. My setup is the JDS Atom, Sennheisser hd650 and the M200. In this configuration I am very happy with the sound it produces.

If they have a working usb driver, I think u are going to be a happy man.

Greetings from Holland

LDKTA

Therefore I posted it here. There were some problems with the M100 driver, I have read that in some reviews on the net. Although incorrect installation can also happen on the owner's side.

I am not an expert in this, but build and maintenance computers privately. Installing an Xmos driver is no problem. Lets hope I just miss a driver.

Optical is working just fine. My setup is the JDS Atom, Sennheisser hd650 and the M200. In this configuration I am very happy with the sound it produces.

If they have a working usb driver, I think u are going to be a happy man.

Greetings from Holland

Luckily, I'll only be using the optical in. If you don't mind me asking, where did you order from? I ordered from Apos with express shipping but have yet to receive any updates on shipping (despite the website showing it is in stock).

Daemon85

Would be nice with user experience of m200 from you guys who ordered it, since m400 is in fact 800+ there is no chance on earth I'll buy it....

Top Bottom