• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2018 New Your Audio Show comes back to NYC Nov. 9-11, 2018

Robert Zohn

Dealer
Since 2016 the New York Audio Show was hosted at the beautiful Park Lane Hotel.

My company reserved two suites, one dedicated to all Technics and our 2nd room audio systems are not finalized yet. Here's a few pic for our two suites at the 2017 NY Audio show:

IMG_4682.JPG
IMG_4673.JPG
IMG_4666.JPG
FullSizeRender-14.jpg

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
NYC is a small island with excellent mass transportation. The Park Lane Hotel is at the beginning of Central Park, which is centrally located in Midtown Manhattan.

View from Midtown Manhattan, facing south toward Lower Manhattan.

Early November, is a great time of the year to visit NYC. Hope you can visit us again.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I had heard NY people complaining that it is too far from downtown and such. But good to see more audio shows doing their thing after the fiasco in LA.
Really? I have lived here most of my life and the term "downtown" here is hard to pin down. Downtown is the southern end of Manhattan, the north east of Brooklyn, one of two possible locations in Queens, same for the Bronx. (Your guess is as good as mine about Staten Island but ,as a Manhattanite, I would quip that there isn't one.) That said, the location of the show hotel is pretty much at the centroid of those points.

The show ain't great but it's the only game in town and, for me, it is within walking distance.

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
The New York Audio Show was in Westchester Country, NY from 2014-2015 and many New Yorkers complained that it was too far from NYC and not easy yo get there without a car.

Timbo2

Really? I have lived here most of my life and the term "downtown" here is hard to pin down. Downtown is the southern end of Manhattan, the north east of Brooklyn, one of two possible locations in Queens, same for the Bronx. (Your guess is as good as mine about Staten Island but ,as a Manhattanite, I would quip that there isn't one.) That said, the location of the show hotel is pretty much at the centroid of those points.

The show ain't great but it's the only game in town and, for me, it is within walking distance.

It took me a second - I think Amir was using this term as close to an area in the "center" of a population. OTH, those of us in Manhattan or the other Burroughs think of it in the way you described. So, for example, in Manhattan for downtown I'd think the Wall Street area or The Battery.

But for me - I'm part of the "bridge and tunnel crowd". ;)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
So, for example, in Manhattan for downtown I'd think the Wall Street area or The Battery.
Yeah but "close to an area in the "center" of a population" could apply to the show location, too.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Agreed. In many way easier to get to than the Javits Center, for example.
Yes but that depends on where and how you get there. If you are coming from outside Manhattan and by automobile, the Javits is more easily accessible. If you are coming by public transit, the Park Lane is more accessible (and, yes, I know that the 7 train goes to the Javits).

Last edited:

Timbo2

Yes but that depends on where and how you get there. If you are coming from outside Manhattan and by automobile, the Javits is more easily accessible. If you are coming by public transit, the Park Lane is more accessible (and, yes, I know that the "F" train goes to the Javits).
I didn't say ALL ways! :)

That's the rub with the metro NYC area. There is no one perfect location. I live in NJ. If you held this show in Westchester County it could take me hours to drive there depending on where it was.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
That's the rub with the metro NYC area. There is no one perfect location.
Agreed.

I live in NJ. If you held this show in Westchester County it could take me hours to drive there depending on where it was.
And if you held it in NJ, I would not go unless it was at a rail station because I do not drive in NJ.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
NYC is a small island with excellent mass transportation. The Park Lane Hotel is at the beginning of Central Park, which is centrally located in Midtown Manhattan.

View from Midtown Manhattan, facing south toward Lower Manhattan.

Early November, is a great time of the year to visit NYC. Hope you can visit us again.
Midtown is excellent for beer..,

And music.. what’s not to like.

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
We've just completed our deals on three demo rooms at the New York Audio Show. Here's our plans:

Suite 902: all Technics, the Reference amplifier, Reference Floor Standing Speakers, Reference SL-1000 Turntable along with the Grand Class and Premium Class of speakers, amplifiers, SL-1200G Turntable and network servers.

Suite 903: Sound United, which includes Marantz's Reference class 2-channel amp and SACD player, Definitive Technology's STL Super Towers and likely Marantz's new Pre Amp AV8805 with a high-end Dolby Atmos speaker system. We'll also have Sony's new 75" Z9F TV in the room.

Suite 906: Golden Ear Triton Reference floor standing speakers and Peachtree's nova300 power amplifier, undetermined which turntable and SACD player we'll use, but a few are being tested.

Hope to see Audio Science Review members stopping by!

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Hello.

As a New Yorker born and raised for 50 yrs the one thing everyone needs to know about New York is that if given the chance every New Yorker will complain about something about New York including myself. It's just a thing.

But by God we love this place.

THANKS

Top Bottom