• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2 Channel Integrated Amp Preouts and Inputs

westonjazz

I am considering getting the NAD C399 integrated amp. It is 2-channel amp with 2 sets of L/R speaker inputs (Speaker A and B). For the most part, I only listen to 2-channel audio. However, later on down the road I would like to be able to setup a Dolby Atmos system. I like the NAD because it will have BluOS and Dirac.

Not sure the best way to be thinking about this, but how do a best use the Preouts or Ins for the Dolby Atmos setup in the future? Can I buy a multi channel amp to do Dolby Atmos and still use the BluOS of the NAD for music? And would the future multi-channel amp hook into my Ins on the NAD or would connect my NAD via Pre outs to the new multi-channel amp?

Sorry for these basic questions, just trying to fully understand before making a purchase. Thanks!

Top Bottom