• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2.1 using Moto M4 as DAC

sgent

Ok I'm looking to build a nearfield (computer) 2.1 system, and I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing anything. I'm thinking a pair of Genelec 8030C, an 8-10" sub in the 500 dollar range, and a Motu M4 for the DAC / Interface. I already have a good USB mic, but may want additional mics or better mics with phantom power in the future, so ADC isn't completely wasted.

That said, will the 4 outs on the Motu act as 4 separate channels so I can assign 2 speakers and the sub, perform the crossover, high and low pass filters, etc. either on the Motu or the computer (or use Dirac)? Does anyone have experience with this?

My other thought is to get a Vanatoo T0 which has the HP/LP built in when attached to a sub, but this would be an inferior setup. Finally, I have no room for a full size receiver.

Thanks for your thoughts / suggestions.

armigo

Forum Donor
I am not sure if you're still thinking about this setup but I am running a 2.2 system with a Motu M4 and also some 8030 and its an increadly good system. I run CamillaDSP on a Pi4 as a Crossover. This could also easily work with a 2.1 system

georgew2

I am not sure if you're still thinking about this setup but I am running a 2.2 system with a Motu M4 and also some 8030 and its an increadly good system. I run CamillaDSP on a Pi4 as a Crossover. This could also easily work with a 2.1 system
I have the following question (a bit off-topic).

I connect my turnable to m4 in line 3-4 and then I press the mon button for 3-4. Which outputs will be enabled, 3, 4?

Is possible to use 3 channels output ( for a 2.1 setup) without fixing this each time from a pc?

thanks!

Top Bottom