• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2.1 Configuration recommendations

dweeeeb2

Hi, I am quite happy with my Wharfedale Lintons, Marantz model 30 combo, however I'm thinking that a Sub could improve overall sound and improve distortion at higher volumes (95+dB). My thinking is that if possible, I use a HPF for RCA preamp line into the model 30, and a LPF for line to Sub. Firstly, does this sound like I'm on the right track?
If so, I am finding it very hard to find a unit to control the crossover other than a miniDSP Flex. I'm not against the Flex as such I'm just surprised how few options I am finding. Its making me question if I am going about this the right way....
I do already have a DAC which can act as a preamp, so I'm leaning towards an analogue solution between DAC and AMP/Sub (if this is considered a reasonable option), but I do recognize that digital crossover is probably the best option.
Any tips? pointers? Thanks

Top Bottom