• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

Rate this headphone:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 34 20.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 85 50.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 34 20.2%

• Total voters

Brianc

After some listening with the "Yoku-San" preset I switched back to "ASR" as it was better and more neutral sounding. However, it also sounded a little bit boring. Therefore I tuned it a little bit and created the preset "Yo 2" which is still quite neutral but a little more fun to listen to. I guess I will stick with this for the future after having used it for the last two days. Try it out, here it is:

View attachment 272954
The values for this preset are:

-2.5;-1.5;0;-2;0;+1;+0.5;+0.5;0;-1
Just got these, before seeing the ASR review, and here's not only a good review but in the comments an eq setting for the app that I like a lot! Thanks! These are a very good value. Just big enough for my head and ears so they're quite comfortable (the light weight definitely helps). Only quibbles so far are that the ANC is either on or off with no middle ground and the volume can only be controlled with the physical buttons not in-app. I think these will be more than fine for my occasional need for wireless ANC cans.
Edit: The case included with these is excellent.

Last edited:

Brianc

So now that it has custom eq, if the cups fit your ears better these would merit a golfing panther?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So now that it has custom eq, if the cups fit your ears better these would merit a golfing panther?
They are my first bluetooth headphones with ANC and LDAC. They get a relaxed panther from me, as they are perfect for listening to a few tunes when digesting a good meal.
PXL_20220418_185042541.jpg

Where do we get replacement cushions? It's always a good idea to put two new sets into a drawer somewhere i think.

Howie Dern

I received mine a couple of days ago and so far my take is very good value. I was looing for an ANC BT LDAC HP for when I sit on the deck or patio. I need to cancel out the noise from a fountain my HOA installed in the lake/pond behind my house. Since it's still cold here, I haven't been able to test if they are effective for the fountain yet. However, they do work well to deal with the fan noise of my basement office space heater. Sound quality is quite good, especially considering the price. The EQ settings posted above are an excellent place to start. I then adjusted for my personal hearing weak points.

I found this interesting feature in the app - a programmed "Smart burn-in". Half way through the 12 hour process (or maybe just phase 1?), I do not notice a difference from brand new.

1More Sonoflow Burn In Screen.jpg

Brianc

I received mine a couple of days ago and so far my take is very good value. I was looing for an ANC BT LDAC HP for when I sit on the deck or patio. I need to cancel out the noise from a fountain my HOA installed in the lake/pond behind my house. Since it's still cold here, I haven't been able to test if they are effective for the fountain yet. However, they do work well to deal with the fan noise of my basement office space heater. Sound quality is quite good, especially considering the price. The EQ settings posted above are an excellent place to start. I then adjusted for my personal hearing weak points.

I found this interesting feature in the app - a programmed "Smart burn-in". Half way through the 12 hour process (or maybe just phase 1?), I do not notice a difference from brand new.

View attachment 275330
I've been using the burn-in too. Figure it can't hurt and it costs nothing. The phases get longer. Phase 3, which I'm about 2/3 into, is over 60 hours.

fastfreddy666

After reading the review I was like.
image_2023-04-10_101322076.png

So with a few clicks I went to Amazon and got it for € 80 with the coupon. I don't use the app equalizer because I'm an equalizer snob and want a full parametric equalizer with adjustable Q. Technically speaking this is the ratio of the center frequency to the bandwidth. Simply put increasing the Q narrows the bandwidth, and decreasing the Q widens the bandwidth. (well, duh)

the android app Poweramp Equalizer has all that and more.

Filter options:

Low Pass/High Pass - passes the signal starting from the defined frequency, resonant with higher Q factor
Low Shelf/High Shelf - similar to Low Pass/High Pass with a flatter frequency response
Band Pass - passes the signal around user defined frequency
Peaking Band - narrower version of the Band Pass

Oh and If you have more than one wireless headphone (guilty as charged) you can apply an individual EQ profile to each device.

I have used the windows software of the same company for years as a Music Converter/CD ripper with multi core enabled batch processing. I painstakingly ripped my entire CD collection (500+) to FLAC and dumped the files on my NAS. What can I say? My autism brain just loves tedious jobs. To make things even harder on myself i had to make sure the files were properly TAGGED so the resulting database is searchable. For my smartphone I converted some of my favorite tunes to AAC to save some space. I can't hear the difference if the bitrate is high enough let's say >192 kb. (variable bitrate mode) But in hindsight this was unnecessary because my phone has a Micro SD card option. I could have spared me the extra work by putting an 128 Gb micro SD card in my phone and be done with it. Oh, well. But i only use local files if Wi-Fi isn't available because In that case I can just directly stream my files from my multiple Cloud storage providers and if that doesn't work my NAS is of course also accessible from the internet.

As an IT nerd I have to mansplain this over and over. You don't want a single point of failure. Redundancy is key. In other words: make <beep> backups of important stuff.
I have encountered many unfortunate less tech-savvy souls who lost all their data because the hard drive in their laptop or PC failed. You will not survive in this mad world without some basic IT skills. Memory sticks, hard drives and even Solid State Drives will eventually fail at some point. With a NAS you can use RAID (redundant array of independent discs) options to reduce data loss due to drive failure. This does not mean you can skip making backups. With RAID only the probability of data loss due to drive failure is reduced, Data loss due to viruses or user errors, e.g. overwriting a file or deleting it, is not.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. If that makes you anxious: Xanax is your friend No I wouldn't recommend that. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is no joke and can be fatal. Just trust me. Focus on the things you can control and let others worry about the rest.

DATA is LIFE

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Got my eye on these. If they drop to the right price at some point I'll pull the trigger...

"Smart Burn In" LOL. OK...I'd be real interested in detailed measurements taken from brand new and then post burn in to see if there are any notable differences.

Last edited:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not a good idea. Even in the drawer they will get old and maybe unusable when you need them. Happened to me with a pair of AT cushions.
Bought them, so i will have to see.
Until now i thought it was the oils of my skin that degraded the faux leather.

Lilith

Jesus Christ, these sound so good! Ordered them yesterday and have them on at the moment. Extremely musical, great stereo image, transients sound fast, neutral with maybe a bit bass boost. I don't hear a difference in the bass between NC and no NC though.??

Lilith

They smell quite strong. Hope this will not last long...

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They smell quite strong. Hope this will not last long...
They say with age your nose muscles atrophy, i can't smell anything. :cool:

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
They say with age your nose muscles atrophy, i can't smell anything. :cool:

I can verify this...although I also think some of my loass of smell is related to a sinus cold (and life-long bad sinuses) some time ago (long before Covid). I've recently been trying to "re-activate" the olfactories and have had some modest success...but in general my sense of smell is pretty weak.

Yoku-San

The headphones and the cushions release a faint smell that I only notice if directly put my nose on it. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Brianc

Got my eye on these. If they drop to the right price at some point I'll pull the trigger...

"Smart Burn In" LOL. OK...I'd be real interested in detailed measurements taken from brand new and then post burn in to see if there are any notable differences.
For long portions of the burn-in there was no audible sound. Don't know if that's intentional or if the frequencies were inaudible or what, but regardless I heard no difference between pre and post burn in. I just used them a bit on a short flight. Noise cancelling is good enough, but about an hour is all I can do before my ears get hot. I also don't like that there's no volume indicator or control on the app and the volume control on the headphones isn't finely stepped. Still, a good value overall.

Top Bottom