• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

18 Hrs Left: Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Just FYI, 18 hours left if anyone wants to join this drop:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

Description:

"So when we teamed up with Sennheiser on its first-ever community-driven design partnership, the HD 650 was a natural place to start. A new revision of the popular all-rounder, the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX has that same great sound plus a few updates, and a price that makes it even easier to love. More than 30,000 members have picked it up to date. "

"Crafted with the modern audiophile in mind, the HD 6XX replaces the HD 650’s gray colorway with something darker and more dramatic: a deep midnight blue. The silver nameplates have been swapped for black plates with contrasting silver text—and the Massdrop logo is silk-screened on the inside of the headband, just above the right cup, with the serial number located just above the left cup. Based on feedback from the community, this iteration has also been updated with a detachable 6-foot cable (compared to the original’s 10-foot cable) and a ⅛-inch plug, which is more versatile for everyday laptop, phone, and DAP use than the standard ¼-inch plug. Of course, the HD 6XX comes with a ¼-inch adapter for those who want it."

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is a pretty big discount at $199 vs Amazon at $315. Big time bummer is this: Estimated ship date is Mar 28, 2018 PT.

What the heck? Why so far out? I appreciate the Christmas inventory being going by end of the year but 3 months to make more???

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
That is a pretty big discount at $199 vs Amazon at $315. Big time bummer is this: Estimated ship date is Mar 28, 2018 PT.

What the heck? Why so far out? I appreciate the Christmas inventory being going by end of the year but 3 months to make more???

It's a custom manufacturing run. It's not from existing stock.

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
IMO Sennheiser need to do more than this if they want to keep their presence in the headphone market, there are lots of folks in it now and I noticed that audio advisor catalog for example, I don't think they even carry a Sennheiser anymore in there, I did not see it if it is, if it is in there, its buried deep.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Seems to say 26 days left now...

upload_2017-12-1_22-47-26.png

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Ray, did you use your mouse to draw that circle? I am terrible with that way, wondered if you had something different, like a "pen" mouse or something. I have seen you do this stuff before and it looked really neat.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Snippy Tool and Mouse.

Sometimes requires a do-over.

Then again, I have 37 years experience mousing around.

It is my observation that the last real innovation in computing was the GUI and mouse.

Top Bottom