• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

15" woofer replacement for Revel Ultima Sub30

OP
M

MasterApex

Thanks for the replies...I lowered the input and set the EQ to put out less low frequency gain.
It is in another room that is mostly used for home theater.
I am not sure how to tell whether it is caused by the amplifier (?)..
I heard it coming from the woofer when it is playing loud.

JRS

Major Contributor
If your stars are aligned, the woofers are simply secured with screws, and if I had no test equipment I would be tempted to just pull and swap the woofers. If you are really lucky the leads are not soldered, and are the press fit tabs. Remove both woofers--you are going to want help here--then take the good driver and put it in the "bad" cabinet and see if it pops. If so it's tha amp, if not it's the speaker.

TikiMotel

One of my subwoofer Revel Ultima Sub30 is making distorted noise...It might have been overdriven during movies.
I emailed Revel ; They don't stock the woofer anymore and don't repair it.

What 15" woofer option can I replace it or should I find local speaker repair shop (is this a DIY job )?

Thanks
I know this is an old thread, but I just stumbled across it. I have 2 Revel Sub30s and have had them both in for service over the years. A couple times it was the amps (buzzing, clicking, or no power), another time it was the driver (typical "farting" sound at high bass SPLs).

Seems like George Meyer AV in Southern CA is pretty much the de facto place nowadays to service this sort of gear. I believe they're the official shop on the West Coast for just about every high-end audio brand. It takes a long time to get repairs back, and they're not cheap, but they do good work.

Also, there's a chance I may be selling one or both of my Sub30s if you're still looking for a replacement or for spare parts.

OP
M

MasterApex

Thanks...Please IM me for how much you want for it shipped.
I have set aside this sub in storage , not really sure if I want to keep it as a lot of people either recommend the new REL

OP
M

MasterApex

swap the amps between the two subs you have

if the problem stays in the same sub it was the driver

if it moves over it's the amp

or swap the drivers - either way
Finally get around to do this (I have other sub and this is a spare). The problem is the amp. Contact Revel, they no longer support this. So I am tempted to just get an external amp to drive it for experiment.

Does anyone have good recommendation for goog/cheap subwoofer amp? Class D is good for this purpose since it is for sub frequency and not high fidelity?
Thanks

Top Bottom