• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

10 Year Old Drummer Challenges Dave Grohl to a Drum Off

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Reminds me of this one!

When I was that age, I think I'd barely figured out how to use a soldering iron!:mad:

bogart

Forum Donor
When I first watched that, I was like “her timing isn’t perfect on the hi-hats for everlong” and then I realized I can’t play the intro at tempo period.

She’s got great feel and chops!

GimeDsp

When I first watched that, I was like “her timing isn’t perfect on the hi-hats for everlong” and then I realized I can’t play the intro at tempo period.

She’s got great feel and chops!
I'm watching the first vid and wondering how she is monitoring the sound? Are those bluetooth headphone?
If the the young girl drummer is hearing the music through speakers or through her ear muffs then her timing is SURE to be off.
Does she have airpods or some other bluetooth under her ear muffs?
Monitoring is crucial to timing, and GOOD monitoring atat that--proper IEM and proper mix.
Any good drummer will need a GOOD monitor mix. For drummers, if they aren't singing, this means timing and bass.
If you try and drum to a mastered song, it will also mess up the timing.
Give this girl a real monitoring mix tailored for timing and rythm without all the extra "clutter" in a mastered song and see what she does.

bogart

Forum Donor
I'm watching the first vid and wondering how she is monitoring the sound? Are those bluetooth headphone?
If the the young girl drummer is hearing the music through speakers or through her ear muffs then her timing is SURE to be off.
Does she have airpods or some other bluetooth under her ear muffs?
Monitoring is crucial to timing, and GOOD monitoring atat that--proper IEM and proper mix.
Any good drummer will need a GOOD monitor mix. For drummers, if they aren't singing, this means timing and bass.
If you try and drum to a mastered song, it will also mess up the timing.
Give this girl a real monitoring mix tailored for timing and rythm without all the extra "clutter" in a mastered song and see what she does.

Totally true! Lots of respect for performers like her who can play along to a finished mix as well as this. I sure never could / can't to this day!

Fregly

Yoyoka is the best of the young drummers, actually the real deal. Groove, techique, animal attack on rock stuff, she also ad libs shockingly great.

Top Bottom