• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$1/month Tidal HiFi for 4 months (new customer promo)

jae

Major Contributor
https://try.tidal.com/spring

Promotion is for new accounts only. $4 for 4 months of Premium or HiFi ($80 value). I've heard it also works for the family plan ($120) too but I'm not sure, if someone could confirm that would be great. This is a good deal for anyone wanting to try lossless streaming or to test out their dac's MQA with a variety of music.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
When they ran a similar promotion a few months ago (then it was 5 months for $5) I was able to get the Hifi Family plan for the promotional price. Could be different this time, of course.

gfx_1

Thanks, It is 4 euro in Europe but nice enough to try it out. No Linux application, only the web interface.

OP
J

jae

Major Contributor
Thanks, It is 4 euro in Europe but nice enough to try it out. No Linux application, only the web interface.

I think there are 3rd party apps which might have linux support, although I don't use any myself. One that comes to mind is https://www.strawberrymusicplayer.org/ but I've never personally used it. I believe there are plugins for mpd and another applications but unsure if they still work.

gfx_1

mpd has some issues accessing the tidal api something to do with client ID and API tokens.
I have strawberry as music player and got the recent version.
Besides my username and password an API token is needed, found some which didn't work but an opensource plugin had one that does.
Don't know how long it will keep working, but I have the next four months to try...

Top Bottom