• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

1 dac - 2 amp ??? is that possible

NemoReborn

Hi , i currently own the d50 , Its hooked to my jds Atom. I am planning to by a Emotiva amp soon . Is it possible to use the dac on both amp at same time ?
the dac only have 1 analog out ( the RCA one )

Can i use rca spliter Y to send the analog signal to both amp ? is that fine ?

thanks you

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I am using RCA Y cables to connect a Crown XLS 1502 and a Martlin Logan Dynamo 1000W sub to my D30. No big deal.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Atom has RCA outputs. I’d argue that less is likely to go wrong using those to send the signal to the Emotiva rather than passively splitting the output from the DAC.

OP
N

NemoReborn

The Atom has RCA outputs. I’d argue that less is likely to go wrong using those to send the signal to the Emotiva rather than passively splitting the output from the DAC.

is the rca out bypass the volume knob ?

Krunok

Major Contributor
Hi , i currently own the d50 , Its hooked to my jds Atom. I am planning to by a Emotiva amp soon . Is it possible to use the dac on both amp at same time ?
the dac only have 1 analog out ( the RCA one )

Can i use rca spliter Y to send the analog signal to both amp ? is that fine ?

thanks you

Yes, you can. I'm doing it with D10 without any issues, output buffer opamp can handle such load without problems.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Before doing that I have tried to connect Sennheiser Momentum on-ear headphones form my son to the RCA outputs of D10 via adapter. As I was able to control volume of D10 via Volumio I tried to see how would D10 would perform driving headphones with 18 Ohms of impedance - and it did suprisingly well!

Impedance of 2 amps in parallel present much much easier load to D10 than Sennheiser Momentum headphones so be sure it would work well. ;)

snowsurfer

This is what I ordered to do the same thing. Arrives on tuesday so can't say much about how it performs, it seems mostly 4/5 star reviews on Amazon (I know, I know...).

garbulky

Major Contributor
Which emotiva amp? The A-100 and the UPA-2 have daisy chain outputs. So it passes the analog input straight to its rca output to allow attachment to a second amp. And it doesnt muck up the signal either when it does so. If it's not one of these then you are going to be using RCA splitters which work just fine.

OP
N

NemoReborn

Which emotiva amp? The A-100 and the UPA-2 have daisy chain outputs. So it passes the analog input straight to its rca output to allow attachment to a second amp. And it doesnt muck up the signal either when it does so. If it's not one of these then you are going to be using RCA splitters which work just fine.

Yes i was talking about the a-100 !! Cool for your info!

garbulky

Major Contributor
Yes i was talking about the a-100 !! Cool for your info!
Yes this will work then. Just buy a second set of RCA cables and your good to go. Note that the volume knob on the A-100 does NOT adjust the RCA out passthrough. It just passes on whatever it received.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am using RCA Y cables to connect a Crown XLS 1502 and a Martlin Logan Dynamo 1000W sub to my D30. No big deal.
Hi,
Sorry to bump this but I'd rather not start another thread for just this question: do you have any recommendation for a quality RCA Y cable?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Hi,
Sorry to bump this but I'd rather not start another thread for just this question: do you have any recommendation for a quality RCA Y cable?

I just bought some cheap ones at Microcenter. Audioquest sells some fancy ones at Best Buy, $17 each.

Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought some cheap ones at Microcenter. Audioquest sells some fancy ones at Best Buy, $17 each.
These?

1580149385633.png

https://www.bax-shop.fr/adaptateurs...Vh4xRCh11Rgs_EAQYASABEgLmSPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Top Bottom