• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$1,000 audio system with Headphones( Edition XS, Ananda, & Aeons) with DAC/Amp (A50/D50, DX7 pro, SU 8 & SH8)

proofisms

I am split between getting an Hifiman Edition XS, Ananda, and Dan Clark Aeon Open or Closed headphones. I am not sure. I am more leaning to the Ananda since they're not far off in price and questioning if it's worth the extra money.

For the DAC/AMP combo

I am stuck between the A50/D50, DX7 pro, or the SU & SH8. I currently have Tidal so I am not that concerned with MQA. I would prefer to have a balanced output either for XLR or the 4.4mm jack. Bluetooth is important for me so I can connect to my headphone or mac(which has usb-c ports only). I am looking to future-proof myself with the DAC/AMP combo when I move up to higher power cans such as the Arya or LCD-X. If there are dac/amp combos that you would recommend that would be much appreciated. I also think the size of the stack does matter because I don't want it taking much space.

Top Bottom