• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

理性派HiFi X5 Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 53 25.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 132 62.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
May be a new tweeter and some better spot bracing on the cabinet would fix both the issues. Once fixed this can compete with the top speakers measured here. Getting directivity right is even more difficult than making a good freq response.

respice finem

Major Contributor
Despite the elegant finish, one thing makes it look like a prototype to me: The woofer ring is black, with visible screws, the tweeter "waveguide" silver, without visible screws. It should be one style for both IMHO.

Otherwise, "much speaker for the price", on the other hand, the same money will buy a small and nice studio monitor, with amplification included...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I think everyone is curious about the latest AVRs. We haven’t seen an A8A, a Cinema 50, or AVR-X4800H yet, let alone the AV10 which is in customer hands. We have Sony too.
X4800 was measured last week. Waiting on Denon Japan feedback.

I sure hope "everyone" is not waiting for AVRs. It is not like there are thousands of them like in the other categories.

Ouwebok

Forum Donor
Is the woofer an original Danish-built Scan Speak Revelator woofer, or is it a Chinese (copycat) make over? I guess it is a fake? The original woofer sells for approx. €190 / USD 200 a piece @ DIY stores, and it is a top-end unit.

AndreaT

Fit’n finish seems very good, however the very audible distortion with obvious sins of commissions from resonances is a serious flaw. In spite of the attractive price (in China), the speaker must be re-engineered on the drawing board.

Thank you Amir for this excellent review!

Ouwebok

Forum Donor
@Amir yes please can you check the woofer’s origin? Personally I am strongly opposed to buying copycat stuff: it ruins invention and inventors’ jobs. I don’t want to start a geo-political diversion in this thread, although I hope that it influences one’s view on the attraction of this product.

Cars-N-Cans

Is the woofer an original Danish-built Scan Speak Revelator woofer, or is it a Chinese (copycat) make over? I guess it is a fake? The original woofer sells for approx. €190 / USD 200 a piece @ DIY stores, and it is a top-end unit.
Since this is a Chinese speaker made for their domestic market I'd be very surprised if it was an actual Scan Speak driver. Be interesting to see what is inside.

The woofer being a copypasta of a legitimate brand and the midrange resonance with a Q of about 20 would definitely be good reasons to stay away from it. But even if it was right it still wouldn't be something I would want to buy, but still nice to see it measured.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@Amir yes please can you check the woofer’s origin? Personally I am strongly opposed to buying copycat stuff: it ruins invention and inventors’ jobs. I don’t want to start a geo-political diversion in this thread, although I hope that it influences one’s view on the attraction of this product.
Yes, as I just wrote above, I will take it apart and take pictures.

Cars-N-Cans

Yes, as I just wrote above, I will take it apart and take pictures.
Id be curious as well to see if the cabinet finish is just a veneer or is it actual hardwood. If its made from hardwood panels with no bracing maybe that might explain the sharp resonance, in that its acting like the bars on a marimba and ringing away.

sarieri

Forum Donor
The designer of this speaker just claimed that he kept measurements for this particular pair when shipped out half a year ago. He said there was no resonance as measured by amirm and the carrier must have messed up something during international delivery. lol, this is getting interesting.

Veri

Master Contributor
The designer of this speaker just claimed that he kept measurements for this particular pair when shipped out half a year ago. He said there was no resonance
Nice claims. Proof is in the pudding, as they say..

kschmit2

The designer of this speaker just claimed that he kept measurements for this particular pair when shipped out half a year ago. He said there was no resonance as measured by amirm and the carrier must have messed up something during international delivery. lol, this is getting interesting.
it could very well be just some screw that came loose.
Maybe @amirm will find something when he opens the speaker

sarieri

Forum Donor
IMG_6490.jpeg
Here is the measurement he claimed to have kept for this particular one. (I never bought anything from him, just saw him posting this in his group chat).

sarieri

Forum Donor
Since its showing up as increased THD in Amir's measurements it would not be easy to see in the FR alone.
He said he got this measurement with the speaker placed on a table. So…
Anyway, the person who sent this speaker should have already agreed with amirm tear apart this unit. If amirm is interested in further investigating into this, we will see.

ThomasXia

An active speaker version based on this one with correct DSP integrated could be much more promising I think.

------

BTW, The designer of the speaker seems to have expressed his displeasure with this measurement indirectly on social media in China. (www.bilibili.com)

View attachment 268712

讲个业内有意思的八卦。
公司都有测试部门。但是现在越来越多的公司都要再单独花钱找专业的测试公司,原因是公司高层信不过自家测试部门。高管们虽然不懂技术,但是也不傻,这也太明显了。听说尤其是一些做tws耳机的手机公司,基本上都信不过自己人了。这是何苦呢,如果大家都讲点诚信,也没必要这样内耗吧。 当然,这里讲的测试公司是业内的专业公司和顾问,不是面向大众的所谓的测评自媒体,所谓的测评媒体,多半只是单纯的广告公司

Tell an interesting piece of industry gossip.
Even though manufacturing companies have testing departments, more and more have to pay for a professional testing company separately because the company executives have lost trust in their own testing department. Although the executives are unfamiliar with the technology, they can easily find the fishy tricks in their own measurement. I heard that, especially for some smartphone companies having TWS products, they don't trust their own people, which is the origin of the pain. If we all speak a little integrity, there is no need for such internal conflicts. Of course, the test company mentioned here is the industry's professional companies and consultants, not the so-called self-promoting media for the public, the so-called test media, most of them are simply advertising companies.
Oops,the official store took this speaker model off the shelves just now, things got interesting.. As corrected below by others, this may be a model already out of sale since several days ago and it may be hard to buy a new one. Only the most expensive flagship model is available now.

Last edited:

sarieri

Forum Donor
Oops,the official store took this speaker model off the shelves just now, things got interesting..
That’s not true. When I checked his store last week, he already took off this speaker model.
I am actually more interested to see measurements of the horn speaker he made.

Ricardojoa

That’s not true. When I checked his store last week, he already took off this speaker model.
I am actually more interested to see measurements of the horn speaker he made.
Can you post a link of his store? Assuming online store?

Top Bottom