• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

< €50 IEM with similar shell as KZ DQ6

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
I played a few reference songs to compare the Aria to the B2 Dusk. Well, if I would have bought them in the inverse order I think I would have been disappointed by the small upgrade the Dusk is compared to the Aria. I do think the Dusk is better. There's a little less bleed from the upper bass into the lower mids which makes the Dusk sound more natural. Male voices are less "thick" and bass drum and guitars sound a little cleaner. Also the treble on the Dusk is a little better. It has a little more volume but not excessive like the KZ's. I think the differences are actually quite small but noticeable in direct comparison.

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
Comparison between KZ DQ6 and KZ CRN ... both have too much treble ... Quite disappointed in the CRN. Comfort is very good ... after you spend 20 minutes untangling the cable... How can a cable get this tangled up so easy?
CRN sounds a little more balanced than the DQ6. The excess in treble is a little less excessive on the CRN. Also the CRN is a little less "shouty" (upper mids?). Bass is better on the DQ6 I think.
DQ6 is way more efficient.

OP
R

RHO

Major Contributor
I bought the KZ CRN for gaming on my Quest. But I just can't use it. It sounds too bright, with recessed lower mids and upper bass and plastic sub-bass. It's like someone forgot the tighten the skins on their drums. No joy. Never again KZ.
I think I'll start using the Moondrop Chu instead.
I have enjoyed the Moondrop Aria at work. It sounds great. So that will be my permanent IEM for music enjoyment in the office. :)

Top Bottom