• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

‘Coffee Cultivation Merely Extends The System Of Colonial Oppression,’ Recite Nation’s 180,000 Radicalized Starbucks Employees After 3-Hour Anti-Bias

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Wombat

Master Contributor
OP
Rod

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I order fresh roasted and grind my own. Also I quit buying those plastic coffee makers and bought a commercial drip coffee maker like the Bunns. This will last so long in a home setting that I will never have to buy another one. All stainless steel and easy to work on with parts available, I already changed the thermostat to one that takes the coffee to a higher temp. If I want to get a great cup of coffee I use a vacuum coffee pot that was made in the 1950's by Cory.
I collect the old vacuum coffee pots because I think there cool. Kinda like a science project in my kitchen when I make my coffee with one. It took me awhile to figure out how to get consistant coffee with it though. The setting on the burner, how long the coffee sets in the top chamber, how much the water boils when in the top chamber(I found a low boil works best), grind. But when everything came together and I could stay consistent within all the parameters, it makes the best cup of coffee I ever had.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
coffee-pot-8.jpg

OP
Rod

Rod

Just enjoying fresh roasted mocha java. Yum.

OP
Rod

Rod

The vacuum pot that I found was the hardest for me to find was the automatic electric stainless steel Nicro. I have never seen another, though I know there are some out there. It works too, just plug it in and let it do its thing. I took it traveling a few times and used it instead of the coffee pots in the motel rooms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom