• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

¿Do i need a dac for my Edifier S1000MKII active speakers?

Gust22

According to the manual of my active speakers, only in optical mode it reproduces at frequencies from 44.1 to 192 khz, so what I wanted to know is if with a dac with Optical output I could reproduce in that quality in Tidal since a dac with RCA output would be losing quality right?
I was looking for a dac and I came across the M-AUDIO SUPERDACII DAC BY USB.
I would like to know your opinions on that DAC. And if an external DAC is necessary or not for my active speakers since I spoke with Edifier support and they told me that I would not need an external DAC that with the unbalanced RCA could reproduce in good quality but as I suppose it could not reproduce up to 192 khz for that RCA input should connect it yes or yes to the optical input to have a quality of 192 khz in my speakers.
Anyway, I would like to know if I need an external dac to listen on that frequency through the optical mode of the speaker and if that dac (M-Audio) or a Topping E30 would be fine, although it has RCA output, I think it would reproduce at that quality or is it Better to stick with Optical mode?
Note: I understand that my speakers have an internal DAC so consult Edifier support. However, I think I would not have that quality in an RCA that an optician according to the manual considering that I use Tidal and listen to Master.
imagen_2021-05-24_200343.png
imagen_2021-05-24_200410.png
imagen_2021-05-24_200438.png
imagen_2021-05-24_200523.png

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
According to the manual of my active speakers, only in optical mode it reproduces at frequencies from 44.1 to 192 khz, so what I wanted to know is if with a dac with Optical output I could reproduce in that quality in Tidal since a dac with RCA output would be losing quality right?
I would like to know your opinions on that DAC. And if an external DAC is necessary or not for my active speakers since I spoke with Edifier support and they told me that I would not need an external DAC that with the unbalanced RCA could reproduce in good quality but as I suppose it could not reproduce up to 192 khz for that RCA input should connect it yes or yes to the optical input to have a quality of 192 khz in my speakers.
Anyway, I would like to know if I need an external dac to listen on that frequency through the optical mode of the speaker and if that dac (M-Audio) or a Topping E30 would be fine, although it has RCA output, I think it would reproduce at that quality or is it Better to stick with Optical mode?
Note: I understand that my speakers have an internal DAC so consult Edifier support. However, I think I would not have that quality in an RCA that an optician according to the manual considering that I use Tidal and listen to Master.
View attachment 131813View attachment 131814View attachment 131815View attachment 131816
Welcome Aboard @Gust22.

OP
G

Gust22

[QUOTE = "AdamG247, publicación: 793288, miembro: 24432"] Bienvenido a bordo [USER = 32334] @ Gust22 [/ USER]. [/ QUOTE]
Muchas gracias, espero encontrar una solución aquí.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
RCA (analog audio signal) input on the Edifers can easily pass a 24-bit/192khz signal.
Any analog audio signal from an external DAC should work fine with the Edifer's RCA (red/white) input.
But I think I would just stick to the optical input.

OP
G

Gust22

[QUOTE = "twsecrest, publicación: 793332, miembro: 4549"] La entrada RCA (señal de audio analógica) en los Edifers puede pasar fácilmente una señal de 24 bits / 192 kHz.
Cualquier señal de audio analógica de un DAC externo debería funcionar bien con la entrada RCA (rojo / blanco) de Edifer.
Pero creo que me limitaría a la entrada óptica. [/ QUOTE]

Entonces, ¿me dices que debería comprar un dac externo con una salida óptica que no sea RCA? Solo estaba mirando la cubierta D10 que tiene salida óptica y la entrada solo tiene USB

wwenze

Major Contributor
This is kind of a weird case, because the amplifier inside the S1000MKII (TAS5754M) actually takes in digital input so any analogue in gets converted into digital first.

Or maybe not really a weird case since more and more speaker are now using DSP which requires the data to be digitized at one point or other.

OP
G

Gust22

[QUOTE = "abdo123, publicación: 793734, miembro: 22165"] no necesita un DAC, use óptico / TOSLINK para obtener el mejor rendimiento. [/ QUOTE]

Entonces necesito un dac para conectar mi PC, ya que no tiene salida óptica, así que conecto mi PC al dac a través de USB y desde el dac a través de la salida óptica a mis altavoces activos.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
it's better to get a USB to Optical/Toslink interface if you want to connect your PC to the speaker.

lower noise and less chance of ground loops.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
it's better to get a USB to Optical/Toslink interface if you want to connect your PC to the speaker.
lower noise and less chance of ground loops.
My two cents.
OP can get a nice simple DAC, for close to the same price as a decent USB/optical converter.
and I'm guess that DAC chip would be a better DAC chip, then the one in the speakers (IMHO).

Katji

Major Contributor
This is kind of a weird case, because the amplifier inside the S1000MKII (TAS5754M) actually takes in digital input so any analogue in gets converted into digital first.

Or maybe not really a weird case since more and more speaker are now using DSP which requires the data to be digitized at one point or other.
! oh! S3000Pro is TPA3251 analog input...I think it does freq. division but there is also DSP TLV320AIC3268.

Katji

Major Contributor
! no,no!... no DAC-ADC-re-DAC, you need only USB-->S/PDIF converter - co-axial or Toslink. Amazon!

1621977775625.png

OP
G

Gust22

[QUOTE = "twsecrest, publicación: 794226, miembro: 4549"] Mis dos centavos.
OP puede obtener un DAC simple y agradable, por casi el mismo precio que un conversor óptico / USB decente.
y supongo que el chip DAC sería un chip DAC mejor que el de los altavoces (en mi humilde opinión). [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "abdo123, publicación: 794027, miembro: 22165"] es mejor obtener una interfaz USB a óptica / Toslink si desea conectar su PC al altavoz.

menos ruido y menos posibilidades de bucles de tierra. [/ QUOTE]

Maybe I bought the Topping D10s as it has analog and optical output. I don't know what you think of that DAC?

Top Bottom