• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arylic A50 Review (wireless amplifier)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This is a review and detailed measurements of the Arylic A50 stereo amplifier with wireless streaming support. It was kindly donated to me by a member and costs US $169 from company website (normal price $199).

This is a nice package of features in a small package with remote, etc.:

Arylic A50 Review Streaming Wireless Amplifier.jpg

The included external power supply is the typical affair, larger than the unit itself:

Arylic A50 Review Amplifier Power Supply Wifi.jpg

Wish it also had a USB DAC functionality as well. What is there is to pug in memory cards and such to play.

Phoenix mating connector is provided for termination of speaker terminals. Such connectors are an odd choice in home hi-fi.

Arylic A50 Measurements
As usual, we start with our dashboard view of 5 watt output. Here, I was surprised at the very low gain of the amplifier:
Arylic A50 Measurements Analog Input.png

That we could deal with, but what to do with horribly high noise floor and distortion? SINAD Of 57 is some of the worst I have measured in any amplifier:
Best wireless stereo amplifier review.png

As it happens, the company had also contacted me offering to send me samples and such. I forwarded the above measurement to them and they expressed surprise. They asked me for firmware revision (?) and such which made no sense. I gave them the serial number and never heard back.

The A50 is built out of the ST Micro STA326 IC amplifier. So I looked up their datasheet and measurements therein and found this:

STA326 IC Amplifier Measurement.png

As you see, THD+N is around 0.1% which is basically what I got. So our measurements are correct. Furthermore we see the watermark in the datasheet that the part is obsolete. At this point I decided to terminate the review as there are far, far better chip amps available in the same price range.

Conclusions
While there is good attempt on behalf of Arylic to provide an attractive package here with remote control, streaming, etc., the core performance of this amplifier is so bad that it doesn't merit consideration. It is a shame as the company has been quite forthcoming in wanting to have their product tested and such.

Needless to say, unless the company comes back with different data and measurements, I can't recommend the A50.

FYI, this unit was a give away provided by the company to another site. So in that regard, it is a known unit to them and not a random sample.
------------
As always, questions, comments, recommendations, etc. are welcome.

Appreciate any donations using: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-support-audio-science-review.8150/

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm I had seriously considered the Arylic A50 recently to pair a set of Klipsch speakers with my TV, after looking around I finally passed on Ayrlic because it didn't have the feature set I wanted. Feel justified from seeing this review that I did not waste my money on something I would've disliked and sounded horrible.

Last edited:

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ayrlic A50

How is this product rated at 4 stars on Amazon, are they unable to discern what sounds horrible?

GimeDsp

Hi Amir! I am waiting on your review of the topping PA3 to see how good or bad it is. then I will go through the reviews of all the low cost chip amps you did and make an informed choice. thanks man!

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ayrlic A50

How is this product rated at 4 stars on Amazon, are they unable to discern what sounds horrible?
I am not surprised. Most untrained listeners probably can not hear problems until -70 to -80dB max and most speakers are way more than the gap from that ability to this unit's performance. Still, not worth considering.

EchoChamber

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you for spotting the bad apples, Amir.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Ayrlic A50

In no way am I recommending this. However it likely doesn't actually sound horrible.
I mean people like vinyl and they use bluetooth and have factory "upgrade" car audio systems that have far worse amps installed.

I bet with a decent set of budget/mid priced speakers this amp sounds good.

Problem is one can buy a better measuring amp for less.
Really just needs to use an updated chip just for competative flair and fairness to the customer. (I do not think any SQ benefits from that newer budget class chip will be audible though)

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In no way am I recommending this. However it likely doesn't actually sound horrible.
I mean people like vinyl and they use bluetooth and have factory "upgrade" car audio systems that have far worse amps installed.

Really just needs to use an updated chip just for competative flair and fairness to the customer. (I do not think any SQ benefits from that newer budget class chip will be audible though)
Agree. A Loxjie A30 or that Ayima amp run circles around this, so it would be silly to pay more for good enough.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ayrlic A50

I doubt it sounds horrible. We have to remember that horrible for an amplifier usually just means maybe sometimes just barely audible under serious listening for non-distortion-trained individuals. I would guess that appearance has a far larger effect on the sound quality than the SINAD for average folk.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
@amirm I had seriously considered the Arylic A50 recently to pair a set of Klipsch speakers with my TV, after looking around I finally passed on Ayrlic because it didn't have the feature set I wanted. Feel justified from seeing this review that I did not waste my money on something I would've disliked and sounded horrible.
Whyyyyy? And not just this model. For goodness sake. Why not just drive your speakers with a megaphone.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I am not surprised. Most untrained listeners probably can not hear problems until -70 to -80dB max and most speakers are way more than the gap from that ability to this unit's performance. Still, not worth considering.
Do you need training? I think my cats could tell the difference.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor

Come on. We know you are not in "this" market.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nooo. At least they have excuse. Not Consumer Reports "experts."
Yeah. You must remember most people have no idea how to find good speakers. It is like a lottery for them. This makes it harder to hear a garbage amp.
Do you need training? I think my cats could tell the difference.
Not formal training, but with the speakers most people buy, some listening tests will help.

Again, this is not something anyone should buy at this price. Maybe at $20-30 this performance is acceptable.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I doubt it sounds horrible. We have to remember that horrible for an amplifier usually just means maybe sometimes just barely audible under serious listening for non-distortion-trained individuals. I would guess that appearance has a far larger effect on the sound quality than the SINAD for average folk.
WOW

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Whyyyyy? And not just this model. For goodness sake. Why not just drive your speakers with a megaphone.
not sure what you’re intoning here, but the klipsch are small bookshelves and wouldn’t need a big amp to drive them.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
Yeah. You must remember most people have no idea how to find good speakers. It is like a lottery for them. This makes it harder to hear a garbage amp.

Not formal training, but with the speakers most people buy, some listening tests will help.

Again, this is not something anyome should buy at this price. Maybe at $20-30 this performance is acceptable.
Mcdonald's charges 30 bucks for 4 number 2's with bacon large.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom