jbl

1. J

Brand match front with surround and height?

Community, Looking for some advise. Currently have three KEF R3s for LCR. I’m trying to budget for additional speakers. Two rear surrounds and four height speakers for the “unified layout”. Auro for music up-mixing and Atmos movies/music all via AppleTV. How important is brand matching? Three...
  2. PaperBoat

JBL 305p MKii Boundary EQ

What is the "Q" value and the "Cut off frequency" of the JBL 305p MKii Boundary EQ? I want to replicate it using the Jriver low shelf software parametric Equalizer... Please help.
  3. PaperBoat

Vrms

Is 2Vrms enough to achieve the maximum SPL when using the -10dBV input of JBL 305p MKii? +6dBV = 1.995Vrms?
  4. PaperBoat

JBL 305p MKii

My JBL 305p MKii's sell sheet telling this ↓ What does it mean?
  5. R

PSA, Harman billing Issues from secret "sale"

This is a PSA, If this is the wrong section of ASR please move it mods. Many folks bought stuff during the secret "sale"(or crazy site SNAFU or both --- who knows what the heck that all was). Double check your billing statements. Several reports of people being charged the regular retail...
  6. H

JBL 306p mk2’s for sale

For sale is a pair of JBL 306p mk2’s in good condition except for some minor cosmetic imperfection in the speaker wraps as shown. Local sale in the Charlotte, NC vicinity preferred as I don’t have the original boxes anymore. I can drive to 50 miles of 28277 to deliver them. Price for the pair...
  7. G

Considering several options for center, sides and surrounds...need some feedback please

Hello! So I have the JBL 590s as Mains. Currently have been testing various options for center ( another 590 is not an option any time soon). The JBL 520c and 530 were not up to par as a center. The Klipsch 504c, RC-64 III and RC-7 have been the ones I have tested more now. So far the RC-7 and...
  8. Bontignole

First set-up for small living room (EU)

Hello all, Complete beginner, I am planning my first set-up, connecting my projector and Bluetooth source. Usage would be: 60% movies, 40% music I did some homework however, my main concern is on how to plug the entire set-up After trying to understand my best here is what I seem to...
  9. M

Four Speaker Blind Listening Test Results (Kef, JBL, Revel, OSD)

After finishing @Floyd Toole 's The Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Loudspeakers and Rooms, I became interested in conducting a blind listening test. With the help of a similarly minded friend, we put together a test and ran 12 people through it. I’ll describe our procedures and the results...
  10. dominikz

JBL LSR305 (1st gen) quasi-anechoic measurements

Today I finally measured one of my 1st generation JBL LSR305s, using the quasi-anechoic method, and used it to create a spinorama-style report. It is far from the precision of an NFS, but I hope it might still provide some qualitative insight on these pretty common loudspeakers. Some...
  11. V

Trying to troubleshoot listening fatigue

Venerated Audiophiles - I come seeking wisdom. Always loved music - but since WFH - have gotten back into it and have been on a fun audio journey to setup the perfect WFH desktop setup. Right now - trying to solve for smoothness & listening fatigue I tried a few speakers - Klipsch (headache)...
  12. R

Wanting to trade my JBL A130 speakers for equal value items

My testing is done and I thought to try trading these to someone rather than selling. I have no idea if this will interest anyone. (of course I can sell as well if trading doesn't work out) They are in excellent condition. I am looking to trade for similar retail value ($300) and not old/dated...
  13. Nspace

To the JBL learned, Mid-Highs with Differential Drivers?

Have long being attracted to the benefits of Differential Drivers with dramatic; less inductance, bigger thermal dissipation surface, higher Xmax and less distortion and weight. It simply comes as a superior driver design, at least for Mid and Low frequencies, where piston speakers shine. So I...
  14. sweetchaos

Interview Jim Garrett, Senior Director of Product Strategy at Harman

Went live 20min ago... Gene DellaSala from Audioholics talks with Jim Garrett, Senior Director of Product Strategy at Harman, about the technologies behind the new JBL HDI Series of Loudspeakers. They discuss the horn technology and other aspects that have evolved at JBL over the last several...
  15. E

Advice New Studio Monitor.

Hi. I'm trying to buy my new pairs monitors. I'm looking something under 180USD / Specially between 130 to 150. I'm going to produce Electronic Music and Mix, speacially Techno, Dub Techno. My alternative buying choices are JBL 305P Mkii (2nd Gen) Eris Presonus e5 Xt Mackie MR524 If you hava...
  16. D

JBL VRX932LA-1 12" 2-WAY LINE ARRAY LOUDSPEAKER OPEN BOX (ONE)

JBL VRX932LA-1 12" 2-WAY LINE ARRAY LOUDSPEAKER OPEN BOX (ONE) On Ebay Price: $1,695.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-VRX932LA-1-12-2-WAY-LINE-ARRAY-LOUDSPEAKER-OPEN-BOX-ONE/392162202015?
  17. D

JBL VRX932LA-1 12" 800 Watt 2-Way Passive Line-Array Loud Speaker

JBL VRX932LA-1 12" 800 Watt 2-Way Passive Line-Array Loud Speaker On Ebay Price: $1,100.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-VRX932LA-1-12-800-Watt-2-Way-Passive-Line-Array-Loud-Speaker/124118258536?
  18. D

JBL SRX835P 15" 2000 Watt Powered Active 3-Way Full

JBL SRX835P 15" 2000 Watt Powered Active 3-Way Full-Range DJ PA Speaker w/DSP On Ebay Price: $1,128.49 https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-SRX835P-15-2000-Watt-Powered-Active-3-Way-Full?
  19. D

JBL VT4887 Compact Bi-Amplified 3-Way High Directivity Line Array Element

JBL VT4887 Compact Bi-Amplified 3-Way High Directivity Line Array Element On Ebay Price: $1,500.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-VT4887-Compact-Bi-Amplified-3-Way-High-Directivity-Line-Array-Element/183848296474?
  20. Odysseus

SMSL SU-8 + JBL 305Ps

My SMSL SU-8 DAC just arrived... I have it connected to my set of JBL 305Ps using XLR cables. USB input. MusicBee with WASAPI in exclusive mode. My question is: what input sensitivity do I have to use for the JBLs? +4dBu or -10dBv? Bear in mind that the DAC output is 2Vrms for RCA and 4Vrms...
Top Bottom