he400i

1. S

What are the sound signatures of Hifiman HE400i and Grado SR60i? Finding my personal preference...

What are the sound signatures of Hifiman HE400i and Grado SR60i? A post on SBAF has the HE400i as being U-shaped. Is that accurate? The reason I ask is because, to my ears, the HE400i has recessed mids, and I really don't believe I enjoy the sound signature after coming from Grado SR60i. I...
  2. S

What is wrong with the system or what did I do wrong?

What is wrong with the system or what did I do wrong? First listens with HE400i/JDS Labs Atom stack, and voices sound like there is a huge hole/recessed/bad connection/faint, along with sibilance. The rest sounds really amazing - bass, detail, imaging, air, high instruments, etc. HE400i plugged...
  3. S

Are my Equalizer APO settings correct for HIFIMAN HE400i (2016)?

*Using JDS Labs Atom stack Are my Equalizer APO settings correct for Amir's HIFIMAN HE400i (2016) configuration? (Photo attached) For the two low shelf, is corner frequency right? When the DAC is connected, I assume you put the computer volume at 99% (?) and power on these six EQ settings? Is...
  4. S

Roon EQ with Amazon Music HD

Roon EQ with Amazon Music HD? I gather that Roon and Amazon Music HD will not work together. I have a Hifiman HE400i on the way, and according to Amir, it isn't recommended unless you can EQ. I have to use Amazon Music HD, so now I'm wondering what to do. I want to use Amir's exact EQ...
  5. rohilx

S.M.S.L. Sanskrit 10th MKII vs Monolith Liquid Spark DAC

Hey guys, I am planning on buying a Monolith Liquid Spark Amp for my headphones, the Hifiman HE-400i 2016 model. I am also going to buy a dac. I was wondering if I should go with the sanskrit or the liquid spark as they are the same price with the same dac chip. I am inclined about the liquid...
  6. D

Sundara, HD660S or Aeon RT?

I currently have HE400i and T50RP with home done mayflower mod and with the T50RP flat and Amir's EQ on the HE400i, I love them both but especially the 400i. I'm looking at buying something better in the next few months and currently looking at the Sundara, the HD660S and Dan Clark Aeon RT Open...
  7. RickSanchez

[owners thread] HIFIMAN HE400i headphones (v. 2016)

Starting a thread -- separate from the measurement thread -- for HIFIMAN HE400i headphone owners. (This is specifically for the 2016 version, not the 2020 version.) Some reference info below ... Specs source: DIY-Audio-Heaven Driver type: orthodynamic Headphone connector: 2.5mm TRS (marked L...
Top Bottom