ao200

1. printerlights

Is the SMSL AO200 a true "Digital Amplifier"? (or do the analog inputs bypass its built in dac?)

I'm wondering if the analog inputs on the AO200 bypass its built in dac? All of the marketing material for the AO200 calls the unit a "Digital Amplifier," but that would imply that every signal going through the amp is converted to digital before amplification, is there a way to test if the...
  2. J

SMSL AO200, Lack of bass punch/definition with Elac debut 6.2's

My subjective Impressions of SMSL AO200, I bought this after reading generally positive impressions on this and the DA-9 amplifier; (youtube and in the forum here). Lots of reviews comparing it to A/B amps up to £1000-£1500 from a few years ago. This was to be a replacement for a Rotel RA 1060...
  3. J

SMSL AO200 Subwoofer connection

Hello this is my first post here, I'm in no way a expert, just trying to learn and not damage my equipment along the way. I'm thinking of buying a S.M.S.L AO200 and have been trying to find out if its possible to connect it to a subwoofer with a high level speaker connection, the reason I ask is...
Top Bottom