1. RickSanchez

[owner's thread] Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 headphone amp

Creating this thread to have all the owners and members have a place to discuss the Monoprice THX 887 amp without creating extra posts in the official review thread. Feel free to post any questions and concerns that you may have regarding this amp in this thread.
  2. R

AMP/DAC for AKG and Sennheiser cans

I am new to the audiophile arena and need some advice/recommendations on an amp/dac for my AKG K7xx (Q701) and potentially HD8xx when that comes out. From my understanding, OTL tube amps or "warmer" amp/dac combos are best for the HD800s, but I'm looking to stick with solid state and have...
  3. B

Best Option for HD6XX: Archel 2.5 Pro, L30, or THX AAA 887

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD6XX and am looking for a headphone amp to drive them properly. I currently have a Topping D30/A30 setup and I really don't like the A30 with the HD6XXs, it seems too noisy when you boost the gain to drive them. So, I'm considering the...
  4. RickSanchez

Massdrop 789 vs. Monoprice 887 vs. SMSL SP200: THX amp measurement comparison

Due to the Green Bay Packers having a bye week (i.e., I have a little more free time than usual today) I thought it would be interesting to compare three high-performing and relatively budget THX headphone amplifiers: the Drop (Massdrop) THX AAA 789 vs. the Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 vs. the...
Top Bottom