Search results

1. B

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

In a monoblock amp? How would you manage channel imbalance?
  2. B

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

“Smart Amp” connect your amp to an app on your phone via Bluetooth! Because, you know.. Everything is better with an app and Bluetooth!
  3. B

@Buckeye Amps What is the guage of the wire?
  4. B

I'm assuming the speaker cable being referenced here, is internal to the amp - From the binding post to the input board, and not the speaker cable that goes from the amp to the speaker end?
  5. B

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

You can use Monoprice RCa to XLR cables. The Buckeye is expecting a higher voltage on the XLR input, so the output of the Buckeye with an RCA (1V) input will likely be around 4 dB lower than your existing amp, assuming it was designed for RCA inputs. This means you need to turn up the volume a...
  6. B

To be clear, I was saying my case does NOT have a gap. So any gap on Amir’s unit is not indicative of other units (yes I know, sample size of 2). The rest of the case actually feels quite solidly firm (except for the one point at the top, front center)
  7. B

I have the 3 channel Purifi, and there’s no gap on my unit. I suspect Amir’s unit may have been opened at some point and not been reseated properly. If I press the top edge in the middle of the case, there is about 0.5mm of give. A clip on the inside to hold the top to the front plate could...
  8. B

I think, that’s exactly the point. Right now the audio industry is largely a “fashion” industry in disguise. It’s Audio Jewelry and prices are mostly determined by looks, and not performance. As we move into a world of SOTA being available in powered (even wireless) speakers, desktop/dongle...
  9. B

Arcam AV40 AV Processor Review

In terms of firmware stability/bugs it’s been rock solid for quite some time now.
  10. B

PS Audio PowerPlant P12 Amplifier Tests (Video)

It depends on the component. The point being made here is that for power cords, regenerators etc. They “should not” (or cannot) change the sound output of audio devices for reasons outlined in the review. The measurement data simply proves that it also “does not” change the sound out - as...
  11. B

I'm a more understated kinda guy, I would have done the faceplate in gunmetal/grey, and the logo in scarlet. Although that color combination (grey/scarlet) kind of reminds me of this particular fruit flavored amp company
  12. B

Linus from LTT on expensive cables

Thing is there “shouldn’t” be any opinions involved. Digital processing was designed specifically to address the signal loss issues with analog signals/cables. The various standards and certifications are the proof of having addressed the issue. Hence opinions shouldn’t be needed. It’s like...
  13. B

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

There is about 25-30ms latency in the MiniDSP 2x4HD. I’m assuming the Flex would be the same. For 2 channel (or 2.1) set up, you might not notice the audio sync delay. However this might be an issue in a multi channel set up. You could potentially seat the Flex between the receiver and the front...
  14. B

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Yes, the functionality and flexibility of the Flex really should be a game changer. They’ve proven that DAC’s can include DSP without giving up too much performance. While I don’t expect other DAC companies to easily match MiniDSP’s DSP chops, it would be great if more companies started...
  15. B

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

I hate blue LED's! They are way too bright and distracting. I would recommend single red LED. The LED should be on/steady when the unit is in the On state, and blinking when it is clipping. You could consider adding a switch to disable the On state, without disabling the clipping state indicator
  16. B

The specs indicate 1500 max power and 1200W at 20Hz - Considering most HT use (3 channel) will include a subwoofer and would never drive all 3 channels to max power simultaneously. While still retaining full power for 2 channel use, I would happy accept the tradeoff for a small and affordable 3...
  17. B

Would it be possible to do an MCH amp in the XL case mixed in with Hypex for surround/Atmos channels? I would be "very" interested in a 7 channel amp with 3 Purifi and 4 NC252 channels in one box.
  18. B

Amazon Basics Optical Coax DAC Review

If Apple just made a USB version of their headphone dongle, we’d be there already! @Amir already uses it as his benchmark for “cheap but still pretty good” DAC
  19. B

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

@Buckeye Amps Can you post a picture of the case to get a sense of the looks, and dimensions?
  20. B

Chane A1.5 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Yikes! Should this type of result be discernible from the impulse response? Is the impulse response frequency dependent?
Top Bottom