Search results

1. C

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

https://smile.amazon.com/Superbat-coaxial-Bulkhead-Adapter-Equipment/dp/B089ZQJPD6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=reverse%2Bsma%2Bcable%2Bextension&qid=1625180702&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRTBQTlNSVk9PTkpUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTUyNzU4Mlo3SjczSVVBMjNaRSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwM...
  2. C

@JohnYang1997 Thanks for that. Let me put two thoughts in the pot for future releases. As I've stated, professional level output would be admirable and increase usage in studios and mastering houses (10-12V output). Also, I miss the digital output from the DX7s. That was a very useful...
  3. C

@JohnYang1997 So the ESS chip has a 32 bit digital volume control built into the chip. Is this implemented in the D90SE in preamp mode? FYI, if it is we can consider the volume control of the D90SE to not reduce resolution when attenuating the output. IN other words, it is technically...
  4. C

Sorry about that. I tend to "mostly" agree that measurements give us a good picture, but I (unlike popular demand) believe there are audible components that can distinguish between two DACs that both measure well. The bottom line. If you believe that, and I think you're saying you do, the...
  5. C

Aren't you measuring distortion at the output then? Certainly, if the measurements tell the whole story, then the null will be below the threshold of hearing just like the measurements suggest. Well, I know better than to have these arguments here, but I got sucked in because I felt the new...
  6. C

I don't know. If we are phase accurate between the two sources, than you are measuring one or both DACs inability to recreate the waveform with perfection. If those artifacts are below the threshold of hearing then okay, but this experiment was done in the pro audio world a while ago and the...
  7. C

All it takes is summed output on phase inverted, level matched DACS to prove whether or not there is any difference at the analog output. I can't for the life of me figure out why this forum, so hell bent on declaring that there is no audible difference between devices, doesn't perform such...
  8. C

5V Dac mode on mine and it sounds terrific. I switched back to my DX7s from the DX7 Pro so there would be a bigger jump when the new DAC arrived. It's absolutely better than the DX7s. I heard the improvement immediately. DX7s is about a match for my Apollo 8x, and the DX7 Pro is better than...
  9. C

Mine just arrived. Listening now. Sounds beautiful on my Focal Solos.
  10. C

Probably redundant since the ESS chip resamples everything anyway. Obviously the small oscillators they are using are doing just fine because jitter is astronomically low.
  11. C

Board looks super nice. Is that an internal company photo or an actual unit? The board looks very clean (defluxed, excellent soldering). Seems Topping is improving with every generation in these areas. @JohnYang1997 , aside from the SMPS in place of the linear supply, and the summing after...
  12. C

Got mine from an ebay seller called topssale. They gave me 10% off and the unit has shipped via DHL as of yesterday. Should be here early next week,
  13. C

The sugar you're talking about is harmonic distortion and phase distortion. It's entirely different from EQ, and one is not a substitute for the other. Certainly many people do like the warmth of tubes and transformers, and all of the very measurable non-linearities that come with. I enjoy it...
  14. C

This is actually a good example of a situation where the "inaudible improvements" could become more of an asset. When controlling gain digitally (attenuating) the signal will draw closer to the noise and distortion, exploiting the outrageous SINAD. Here there is plenty of room for that, before...
  15. C

"For those of us that want the best of the best, just because, measurements are the best way to find it." I don't know if there is a $100 option, but the D30 is a decent option.
  16. C

Actually, Lynx used it in the Aurora and they still use it in the newer Aurora N. Both are amazing converters, and a lot of the music we love and listen to was created with them.
  17. C

The ear is about the worst auditory measuring device there is. It has almost no memory. If there is any amount of silence between auditions probably half of the ability to hear a difference is gone. That said, there are things that can account for why people hear differences between devices...
  18. C

@johnyang, any hope for 8-12 vrms output level on XLR in a future update? This would help these excellent DACs fid homes in studios and mastering houses too. 5.2 vrms is nice to see here, but still low compared to the rest of the equipment in our professional racks. I know the pro market...
  19. C

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

What would you replace the ceramics with? C0G/NP0 are pretty much the best you can do for linear audio. They even make a great sub for styroflex, and some would say sound equal or better.
  20. C

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

I wouldn’t call the volume issue a defect since rotary encoders are known for sometimes skipping a step, going two steps, or flipping back one on occasion. It’s a byproduct of using an analog signal to control a digital parameter. Encoders immune to this would be prohibitively more expensive...
Top Bottom