Search results

1. ashleydoormat

Reference guide to amplifier design

I'm a newbie as well and I like to browse through diyaudio's forum to learn especially their step by step guide for building the Pass Labs amplifiers. I'm not much of a reader though so I like to learn by youtube. John's audio tech is my goto now as he's very good at explaining things to...
  2. ashleydoormat

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Have had a pair of HD650s I got over a decade ago but never really listened much to until now because of lack of proper amplification. They have good sound stage and tonality but nothing exciting to write home about. Then I got a pair of used dt1990 pro which have been a PITA to wear because of...
  3. ashleydoormat

A millennial's rant on classical music

OP I agree that it's more likely that you dislike the culture surrounding classical music than the genre itself. Being kinda forced to attend music lessons /practice and concerts and listen to music you didn't relate to would do that to you. It didn't help that there's some really annoying...
  4. ashleydoormat

Can I save posts?

Thanks! I was thinking of something similar to the save option on reddit. It'd be nice to save to the account on this forum so I won't mix up with other websites/accounts. My chrome's bookmark is a mess so things probably will get lost in there :D I'll look into Evernote and see if it matches my...
  5. ashleydoormat

Can I save posts?

I'd like to save posts that are very informative for me to reread later on. Is there an option to do that in my preference's setting? TIA!
  6. ashleydoormat

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Maybe add a voice control function to complete the package? :p Either way I'll be buying the D version to give it a try. Bravo to your dedication to your craft!
  7. ashleydoormat

Review and Measurements of Furutech ADL GT40 DAC/Phono

I really like the Japanese aesthetic but I think Furutech's products are way overpriced even in Japanese market. Oyaide is better priced with similar aesthetic and workmanship (yes I own both companies cables :p) I actually considered this DAC a couple years ago but couldn't find many reviews...
  8. ashleydoormat

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I don't really know how it sounds in terms of graph:p If it's not much trouble for you I'll take any schematic that might work. Thanks!
  9. ashleydoormat

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Hey Frans I actually talked to you on your blog lol. I have a pair of Shure SRH1540 I really like. Do you have a schematic for the cable for these phones?
  10. ashleydoormat

@solderdude How did you make your cables measurably and audibly different than other cables? @LTig I still have the power cables but the amps and speakers are not with me at my current location. I'm really curious I'll ask a friend to help me with some blind tests next time I have access to...
  11. ashleydoormat

Wow thanks to all good folks who had the patience to answer my questions! I didn't really have much experience with hearing much difference in different cables but one experience always stood out is that I changed the power cable of my entry level amp to an aftermarket thickish cable. I wasn't...
  12. ashleydoormat

I've actually been watching some videos on the Great Courses Plus on electromagnetism. Some fascinating stuffs there! I'll look more into solid state physics and Feynman Lectures for sure! Can you try to explain to me in layman terms how different cables can't conduct signals differently?
  13. ashleydoormat

Can you point me to the test? Thanks! Either way is it appropriate to use the result of one test between certain selected cables and apply the conclusion to every cable in the market?
  14. ashleydoormat

Dude this is not a proper way to respond to a legitimate question. Any source you can provide to enlighten me? I'm not a EE and I'm open to learning more science!
  15. ashleydoormat

So you guys don't think the conductance and quality of the materials will make cables sound different? Any concrete proof that cables with different materials conduct signals the same way?
  16. ashleydoormat

I'm still pretty new to audio in general and I'm always open to suggestions. So I tried different cables (from generic to $500+ audiophile ones, from pcocc to silver pcocc) and op amps (discrete and normal). I think I can hear some different in cables made using different materials and it's...
  17. ashleydoormat

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

lol it's a cool option for younger folks or folks who like gaming. can be some other lightning effect for more sophisticated folks ;)
  18. ashleydoormat

Poll: Do you use a subwoofer? (Explain why/why not)

So the goal is to have a lower overall db after adjustment? Can you describe your subjective impressions comparing before and after?
  19. ashleydoormat

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

I'd say it'll need more goodies to sell amps with this kind of performance in the future. I'd like to see sexier design, rgb lighting option etc.
  20. ashleydoormat

Another exciting review coming tomorrow

1. This site isn't a science journal. 2. A little fun goes a long way to popularize science! 3. I bet it's some upcoming product already mentioned by Amir before.
Top Bottom